Sign in to follow this  

What kind of riding do you prefer: motocross or trail?

I would like to hear everyones story. Do you prefer a track or the trails? And what about either one makes it more enjoyable?

I, myself, prefer the trails. A track is awesome but compared to woods riding its smaller and far less diverse. Trails are awesome because it gives the feeling of exploration, there have been so many times when we had absolutely no idea where we were and just kept riding through all the winding trails. Especially when you go to a ranch that is 1000+ acres it seems to be never ending. Another thing you find the weirdest stuff, and all my stories come from the trails :smashpc:. It's just nice to get away from civilization with friends/ family and enjoy the trails and scenery. There is always a wide variety of terrain and obstacles to keep me interested forever!!!

trails,i like/need to get away from it all,battling for position isnt the release i usually need

Trails for me. I love the exploration and adventure. There are always unexpected challenges that will tax your problem solving and physical abilities.

I ride about 90% track 10% trails. I get bored in the trails after a very brief period of time unless Im riding with someone fast to keep it interesting, so thats the only time I go out in the woods. I stick to the track where Im comfortable and know my limits... the trails are a nice change every once in a while though.

Something about getting lost or hurt in the middle of no where with no help or a tree jumping out in front of me scares the living S*&^ outta me. CUDOS to those that can haul ass in the stick.

I prefer trails. Tracks are good for practicing corners and getting over fears but I can hold my own pretty good on the trails but hate having kids on 80's jump over my head. Makes me feel like a wuss. Most tracks have the same layout for years and doing the same jump over and over again gets boring. Trails are constantly changing.

my thing with trails vs mx is this : Trails you never know what to expect and because of that you are always on your game. MX tracks, for me at least, I find myself getting used to a track configuration and i start taking risks i otherwise wouldnt just to keep it interesting. It ends up with me riding faster than i ever need to (im no racer, just a enthusiast ) and that gets dumb fast

Trails. I'm 100% woods rider. We have a 12 sq mile use area, 40 miles from my house. Can ride for several hours and never ride the same trail twice.

But I wouldn't mind to do a little practice day track riding though. Some skills that I could hone there (cornering and jumping mainly) that would help make me better in the woods.