Sign in to follow this  

parts bike

I have an '86 WR250 that I really like. It runs like a top.

But it is an '86 and nothing lasts forever. For sale locally is an '85 CR250 as either a fixer upper or a parts bike. I would be more interested in it as a parts bike. Can anyone tell me about the parts interchangeability on these 2 bikes. I think the main difference would be the transmission (CR = close ratio, WR = wide ratio). Never hurts to have a good source of what can be hard to find parts, as long as they're not all broken.

Thanks!

I have an '86 WR250 that I really like. It runs like a top.

But it is an '86 and nothing lasts forever. For sale locally is an '85 CR250 as either a fixer upper or a parts bike. I would be more interested in it as a parts bike. Can anyone tell me about the parts interchangeability on these 2 bikes. I think the main difference would be the transmission (CR = close ratio, WR = wide ratio). Never hurts to have a good source of what can be hard to find parts, as long as they're not all broken.

Thanks!

If I recall correctly , then the waterpump housing was the big problem with these, other than that MOST parts will be interchangeable,

Charlie