Sign in to follow this  

Valve Problems

im looking to get a 250f dirt bike and a lot of my friends say honda crf250r's tend to have alve problems. i was wondering if this is true or is there a specific model that has had some valve issues? thanks!

I have also heard this but after 30 hours still no problems. just keep everything tuned up and you should be fine.

you will find hundreds of posts here on the topic. The most common answer is to be sure the airbox is sealed correctly(also posted on this site). Doing that and keeping the filter tidy, I have 50+ hours and no movement on the valves.

my 2009 has had no valve movement, keep the filter clean and regular oil changes.. bought new in Dec 08

my 2009 has had no valve movement, keep the filter clean and regular oil changes.. bought new in Dec 08

hows the bottom end on the crf250r cuz im wanting something with decent bottom end

I believe Honda changed their valve seat material in 06, so I'd stay away from whatever that's older than an 06.

And yes, they have good bottom end, but not as good as the bigger bores.

I have also heard this but after 30 hours still no problems. just keep everything tuned up and you should be fine.

29 hours on my 2007 CRF250R and the valves are still in spec. I start every ride with a clean air filter and change the oil and filter after 8 or 9 hours of riding time.

i have a 06 and the valves are good but my main bearings went out not sure if its a common thing or if i just ride alot lol