Sign in to follow this  

KLX450R '07 - Idle problem

Hi there!

Pardon my English, I'll do my best trying to explain the situation :smashpc:

The main problem is: after turning full throttle and drop there's 4-5 sec delay on high revs, i.e. for 4 to 5 seconds after throttle is off the engine keeps high rev before returning to idle.

Concomitant problem: idle is not very stable.

What could be the problem?

I feel perplexed, because the carb looks fair simple to me. But I can not find the solution.

Thank you for your time.

Alexander

Id check and make sure that your throttle cables are moving freely and are adjusted properly. For the idle check and make sure your pilot jet is not clogged and the fuel screw is turned out properly.

hi, from the factory the carb is to lean you need to rejet carb, remove air pump, open up the air box, the bike will idle correctly then,:smashpc:

As yanni on this forum said about the high idle issue " unplug the gear selector switch" at the head stem and issue is gone. I did the ais, jetting and still had high idle. Then unpluged switch , gone it was! It's the wires that come out of the little black round sensor behind the shifter. Trace them up to the stem and unplug and cover the wires with something like electric tape and this should fix the problem unless this is a new issue. Mine did it from day one of bike being bought new.

Thanks a lot!

As for MECHANICAL parts of carb and setup, like someone said in this forum "probably it's the cleanest carb in the world". But still it has soe problems with dropping to idle.

It helps a wee when playing with Throttle Sensor and Gear Sensor unplugging, but the result still is not stable and the best try gives 2-3 seconds "delay" at ~Idle+300rpm before it drops down to Idle.

Does that mean ENDURO bike anyway? :smashpc:)

Proceed with strugglig Jap Hi-Tec... Will report about achievments if any...

Best regards,

AB

GODZILLA's fallen :smashpc:)

In short: disconneted all "electrcal/electronical" shit - throttle sensor + gear switch sensor - of the carb. Now it's only "mechanics" that works. And it does! Como la concha de la lora! 👍) Maybe it lacks some "very fine" reactions but in general works stably in a proper manner.

Best regards and thanks to all!

Alexander

Glad that u got it idleing right! Now jet it, open up the air box and pipe it, do a ais smog crap delete(u can make your own kit as I did) and "u will be doing it". Stay in contact with this site because there is some very good info on this thing.

I was having the same problem with my 08 klx idle not kicking down, also the bike was backfiring (full fmf exhaust, deleted smog ). I have been playing with jets, looking for vaccum leaks for 2 years now never could get it right. Just unpluged those two things and now my bike idles and starts perfect and doesn't back fire. The only thing is it lost a little power. Am i going to have problems if i leave them disconnected.