Sign in to follow this  

Oregon NW DS ride w/pics

Hey.

So I have been loving the baja design dual sported XR400 I picked up a while back 👍

After my leg healed up for my accident, the mellow mannered XR has been about the perfect bike for me. Its great on the trails and really comfy for the long miles on the road. I only wish it had a bit more ooomoph, but will happly give that up for its great single track ability.

This last weekend I did two different rides. I hit the trails in the coast range on Sat, then found some cool back roads up by Trillium Lake on Sunday.

I packed up my good camera in a water proof pack along with a tripod and some lunch and headed out.

I think I only got in a total of 90 miles or so from both days. I made lots of stops to shoot pics, wait for some nice light, or just kick back and be happy I was lucking out on staying dry :smashpc:

Here are a few shots from Sat up at Nestucca

i-csQTNVq-XL.jpg

i-s6HJbws-XL.jpg

i-nhnwCkD-XL.jpg

On sunday I pulled out the maps and started looking for some new roads to hit. I was suprised to see a rd I never new about. Still Creek RD. It goes from Welches area up to the back side of Trillium lake. I figgured I would hit that as a starting point then go from there.

The day started with a stop at Wildwood Park for a quick hike and some photos, then it was up to Trillium Lake and a bunch of old roads between there and Clear Lake.

i-V2XwrWN-XL.jpg

i-VP9mhKp-XL.jpg

i-9s9qrJc-XL.jpg

Gotta get back up there a few more times before the snow hits. Way to nice of an area to not explore more :busted:

You need to take your photo talents to Gifford and capture the big trees.

Those are great photos! What are you using for a camera?

I have a 35mm Minolta 7000I that I stop using years ago.Then I bought a Panasonic Lumix point and shoot for trail riding pictures but it does not take photo's, if you know what I mean.

I shot those with a Canon 5D Mark2.

Not a camera I would ever take along on just a ride, but when my plan is to ride a little, shoot stock images or pics for my portfolio, I pack it in and ride really mellow.

Those pics are a mix of 5 different exposures blended together. Thats why they have such good detail and not really dark shadows and blown out highlights.

Also, to get the panoramic, I shot multiple images left and right and blended them together to form one very wide image.

Kelly, you should check out my new site

www.davidschelske.com

Im making a big push to start shooting for some different clients.

Just sent promos to BMW, Buell, Harley, Polaris and a few others.

I couldent find Huskys info so if you have any info, I would love a contact on the inside 👍

I plan on hitting that area again on thursday and hoping to do the GP on Sunday. If I get good weather, should make for some great pics :smashpc:

Edited by nw scout

I had not been to your site in a while, looks AWESOME. :smashpc:

- BMW owns husky now but there is a Husky NA in Cali, i would contact them. Will see if i can find any insider stuff for you but a call to Bills might be a big help for you.

i-csQTNVq-XL.jpg

i-s6HJbws-XL.jpg

i-nhnwCkD-XL.jpg

i-V2XwrWN-XL.jpg

i-VP9mhKp-XL.jpg

i-9s9qrJc-XL.jpg

:worthy:Those are real nice pictures! I agree, you need to go to Gifford and capture some of its beauty! You are "GOOD"!!!

From todays dual sport ride 👍

The Barlow Trail did not suck today:thumbsup:

i-PjCMH3w-XL.jpg

Barlow can be pretty fun. We were almost up there yesterday too but got around to late. the Bushes at Hood River look on fire as well, cool stuff.

From todays dual sport ride 👍

The Barlow Trail did not suck today:thumbsup:

i-PjCMH3w-XL.jpg

Very clean XR 400 with a Baja Designs Dual Sport kit :thumbsup

The photos are amazing keep them coming!! :ride: