Sign in to follow this  

California **Checking interest level in a annual NorCal ThumperTalk cabin retreat weekend**

I have a cabin located in Pioneer, CA. It is on just over an acre at the end of a court. It has 7 sleeping areas with four being traditional rooms. One is a game room with two beds that can be closed off and the other two rooms have pull curtains. If people knew each other and could go more than one to a room, it can hold a large number of people. The most that have slept there at a given time I believe was 19, though that isn’t optimal…I post that to relay capacity. I’m thinking maybe 8 to see how it works?

I host an annual guys weekend where we hold poker tournaments, play golf, go shooting, have movies playing in the background, hit the OK Corral bar, eat tri-tip, drink some beer, etc. It has proven to be a pretty good time.

My question then is to check on the interest level from the ThumperTalk community to hold the same sort of cabin weekend with the same sorts of general activities but an emphasis during the day on riding. The entrance to PiPi off of highway 88 is 9 miles from my cabin. Gold Note and Elkins Flat OHV’s are in that area. Bring yourself or a buddy too and meet up with some like-minded guys. Share a brew, share some stories, share some knowledge. In the past we did like $30 a person for food/beverages and that has been plenty for the whole trip Fri – Sun, and eating really well.

RabidDove

~Matt

Damn- we use to have these kinds of get togethers with my family when I was a kid. My Grandpa had a cabin up by the Reservoir outside of Susanville, and every summer my brothers and I would spend a couple of weeks up there with our cousins.

Boy, we had some wild times. Swimming, Barbequing, singing next to the campfire and roasting marshmallows. Most of the time I ended up sleeping on the floor because I was always one of the youngest ones there, but I didn't mind. Shucks, at that age I didn't know any better anyway.

Then one year, I remember my uncle Tony took pity on me because I had sprained my ankle jumping out of the tree swing. He woke me up one night and told me I could sleep with him. Not soon after I fell asleep I woke up with Tony on top of me, holding his hand over my mouth.

I don't really like to talk too much about what happened that night, but the summers out at Grandpas cabin were never the same after that.

I think I'll take a pass. Thanks for asking though.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX7xqrkqbyo

Spending a night, hitting the Jackson Rancheria for dinner, a little gambling, maybe even a show, is a HOT shower in the cards? The Rancheria is how far? 30 minutes?

Shooting? OK Corral? Steaks? Cards! Bench Racing!? I like it all but the price tag. 30 x 19 = 570????? Edited by superslyko
How's that knee? 2 miles from the stagging area?

Jackson rancheria is 19 miles away, so yeah, 30 minutes sounds about right. Last gathering we had a couple guys...one up from Santa Barbara that wanted to check it out. I still haven't made it out yet.

The showers are hot :smashpc:

WG:

Did you later attend the Michael Jackson Day Care Center or were you an altar boy?

That's some funny stuff..

• Like 1

One Question?

Did they ever find Uncle Tony's body?

If it was my Family the answer would be "NO"