Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Ryan dungey just got a hall pass

"No homologation is necessary, and the engine displacement must be at least 125cc. Beyond that, nearly anything goes -- two-stroke, four-stroke, singles, twins. Weight restrictions are gone. Large-displacement two strokes are welcome."

Anyone gonna be riding a CR500AF? :smashpc:

I really do hope we see some unique bikes. If the starting line is nothing but 450F then that will be kinda dissapointing.

I could see someone hopping on a cr500af with traction control... Sounds like a winning combo to me.

I personally dont like the rule... the team that can put the most money into BS parts onto the bike should win. The idea of the open class race is appealing though.

I really do hope we see some unique bikes. If the starting line is nothing but 450F then that will be kinda dissapointing.

The sad part about that is that all the guys fast enough to win WILL be on the 450. Thats what theyre paid to ride.

im willing to bet everyone rides a 450.....boring.....but i could JGR running a in helmet communication with Millsaps provided hes healthy

The sad part about that is that all the guys fast enough to win WILL be on the 450. Thats what theyre paid to ride.

This is very true. Id love to see some privateer on a service honda cr500 put up a good fight though :smashpc:

My guess is it'll be all 450F's, maybe a couple 250F's, and a privateer or two on a bored out 250 2T.

It's so much rider that a privateer on 500AF still won't be able to touch the top factory guys on 450F's.

i didnt see dungey's name anywhere in that article ?

Me either. I wonder where the op got the idea RD is going to race?

Wow I would ride this:

MXV450(8)_constraintscaled600x337.jpg

MXV450(7)_constraintscaled600x337.jpg

MXV450(3)_constraintscaled600x337.jpg

MXV450(2)_constraintscaled600x337.jpg

aprilia-rxv-4-5---5--13_460x0w.jpg

Aprilia V-twin 450 with a PC suspension!

it's not a drag race , there are turns and jumps and things that take skill , its not about who shows up with the most HP , cool bike though , have you ever seen one at the track ? ........ they sound awsome!

It would be cool to see but when blose ran that service kx 500 according to him it was nOt a fun bike to rode at all or enjoyable.

^^yea you won't see many 500af's in an actual race, they are just too hard to ride at a professional level. The bike just isnt designed for that motor.

I like this ruling, too bad they did not release it sooner. I think there are a couple of teams that might have spun up a special bike given more time.

I think the op is right, this was clearly a move to have Dungey in the show.

Also a nice way to say: "keep your stupid electric toy bikes at home" :smashpc: