Sign in to follow this  

2012crf 250 dyno with pics of new heads

Image (90).jpg

I figured out the software it is the same .Heres what i have so far this is the stock bike vs stock with a new fmf with out any core in the back it sounds like a yosh im going to work on some restriction to it but not as much as fmf or it kills the bottom end im also going to add some fuel in the botton @ lower throttle openings

Making peak HP @10.5, you almost have to wonder why the rev limiter is set for 14k. Shift, shift, shift! They need to add a tach to the handle bars! Probably save a few cranks. You always notice (most of) your faster riders hardly hit the rev limiter. They stay in the peak power of the engine unless they're trying to get the front end back up and need the rpm's.

beleive it raising the rev limiter lowers the pros times having a limiter that comes in softer helps also .

the software is the same from 2010 when i initially went to set the new box i had some problems and called the honda shop they told me there was new software they found out yesterday that it was the same and called me i finally got it working . as far as rev limits for racing some of the teams for sx are setting it over 14500 very hard on the engines the cam chains were not made to hold up @ those rpms it will move cam gears @ those rpms .

hey ron any pics of the new intake track on the 12? i wouldnt mind having alook while i have my 11 apart.

DSC00902.jpg

the software is the same from 2010 when i initially went to set the new box i had some problems and called the honda shop they told me there was new software they found out yesterday that it was the same and called me i finally got it working . as far as rev limits for racing some of the teams for sx are setting it over 14500 very hard on the engines the cam chains were not made to hold up @ those rpms it will move cam gears @ those rpms .

So a couple of tack welds on the cam gear is essential. I had a controller that was programmable for the 09 450. I was shocked that it would let you move the rev limiter where you wanted it. Being a 450, I didn't see the need to move it.

I'd love to see Honda come out with a CRF350 or 400 which is probably in the works knowing that the KTM350 has much more usable power and traction unlike the 450 where it's almost too much.

That is what I would like to see too, a Honda CRF350R, that would be the ideal ticket for some of us. hopefully it will come to reality soon, and keep the weight in between the 250 and 450.....Nice work Charlie

Chet

That is what I would like to see too, a Honda CRF350R, that would be the ideal ticket for some of us. hopefully it will come to reality soon, and keep the weight in between the 250 and 450.....Nice work Charlie

Chet

Ron gets to do all the fun work, this stuff is his baby!

002.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG

Heres some pics of freshly cnc ported heads the 2010-11 and the smaller but very good flowing 2012 head

Intake tracts look like they have a bit smoother transitions.

How does the exhaust side compare?

Have you done any apples to apples comparisons with Yoshi RS4 full exhausts vs. latest RCT FMFs?

I would like to hear the results on that one. I tried to order a Yosh RS-4D on friday and it's on backorder till late November.

i will probally get a yosh to test but any thing yosh does George and me will end up exceeding it or matching the same results its getting harder to find improvements in exhaust with noise levells i beleive the FMF matches the power of the curent yosh and makes the sound check eazyer .