Sign in to follow this  

Multiple bikes in a year

Is there anyone else out there that has had more than 3 different bikes in like a year. I am 15 and about a year ago i got a cr125. i didnt like it so I got a Rmz250 3 months later. Then about 4 months later i got another Cr125. I want another 250 again. Is there anyone else out there that this has happened to? I would rather have a 2 stroke because they are easier to work on, but I would rather have a 4 stroke because there power and they are easier to ride.

Dude--just get a 250 2 stroke. Mo power and easy to work on, all in one package.

Im not spoiled. I work all summer and dont really ride except on the weekends and after school starts. i buy, sell, and pay for repairs all by myself.

Im not spoiled. I work all summer and dont really ride except on the weekends and after school starts. i buy, sell, and pay for repairs all by myself.

If thats true +1 to you man. :smashpc:

Oh yeah, I like trying new bikes, and if I find a good deal on one then I buy it and sell the one I already have. But, I've only raced with 2-strokes before and don't think I'll be switching any time soon.

I got a 2011 crf 450R back in april this year. Sold it a few weeks back and got a 2012 KTM 250 SX two stroke and could not be any more happier.

I wish I could get both but I can only afford 1 bike. I might just get a yz or mod my cr.

Hell ya! If I had the money I'd have all sorts of bikes.

This year I started off with my gsxr750 trackbike. Then I got a 2001 sv650 for basically nothing sold that and bought a 2007 zx6r for the street. Then on craigslist I saw a ninja 250 for 400 bucks... I bought that and sold it for 2000. With the 2000 I got a crf50 for my son and then got a crf100f wiht the money i madr off the 250. Then I sold the Ninja zx6r and bought a crf450r and used the rest of the money for gear for my kids and me so that we could ride dirt. Its been a busy year. Now I have the gixxer crf 450. Plus crf 100 and 50 which were basically free.

Good for you. I like hearing stuff like this. I however have had 9 different bikes in the last 3 years. I'm on my 3rd for this year. Alot of the bikes I had were just really good deals I couldn't pass up and bought to resale for a small profit.

i just bought 2 toys, 450 quad and my 125 works for me! lookin to get a 250 pinger next time.

Stick with what you have and save your money for gas to get you and your bike to riding areas. I know you have very little in Jersey unfortunately.

Joe

Have bought and sold a few (30) with all the extra money I've earned outside of my bread winning duties. It all started in Fall of 2006. :smashpc:

Edited by shrubitup

I started this year with a YZ250 (2-smoke). It was too touchy for me. Very fast and powerful, just too much pipe. I traded it for a DR200. It was too small and had no power but it was a blast on the roads in town. I sold it and bought a WR250F. I LOVE that bike for the trails, but it wasn't street legal. So, I bought a XR650L for the road.

I'm selling the WR250F this winter and buying a newer WR450F (I need more power).

So, as of next spring, I guess I'll have had 5 different bikes within a year.

:smashpc:

EDIT: Actually, if my daughters bikes count, it'll be 7 bikes. 👍

Edited by DrFeelGood