Sign in to follow this  

Couple fast locals

Found this video of a couple locals at the NY state championship a few weeks ago. Wish the video didn't have the terrible music, I'd rather hear the bikes :smashpc:

That's Broome Tioga. They used to have a national there. MX sports held a qualifier there this year for Loretta's. Stating that the track is rocky is an understatement. I think the rocks played a part in why there isn't a national there now. The lay out is awesome, including start gate and surrounding buildings.

They look like they have it dialed in.

That's Broome Tioga. They used to have a national there. MX sports held a qualifier there this year for Loretta's. Stating that the track is rocky is an understatement. I think the rocks played a part in why there isn't a national there now. The lay out is awesome, including start gate and surrounding buildings.

They look like they have it dialed in.

Yeah that's Broome. It's funny to hear comments about rocks because that track has hardly any rocks compared to most tracks around upstate NY :smashpc:

If you aren't familiar with the riders in the video, Ryan Blizzard just came back from racing in Europe for a Suzuki team and raced a handfull of US pro nationals at the end of the season. Ryan Zaveral is a young up and comer who moved up to the A class not too long ago. He went to Loretta's this year, and finished top 10 in one moto of the open A/pro sport, but had 2 bad motos for a 21st overall.

The mountains must have pushed up there later than just a little south of you. I'm in the mountains of WV and we don't have nearly the rock problem you guys have. When we were leaving Broome I noticed several freshly plowed fields that looked like God dropped about 14 trillion softballs in the dirt. Then I realized... they are rocks.

not to hijack your thread but I thought I seen something about Broome Tioga being sold for back taxes or something like that a few weeks back. Were they able to straighten it out and keep the track open or was this one of the final races? I see the website shows another race on 10/23 so I assume it all got straightened out.

Do them fellers even know how to go off the jumps straight???? 👍

Lol just teasing of course, good riding!!!

And those are rocks??? Dang I thought they were like petals off a dogwood tree or something :smashpc: