Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Washington Last Chance Poker Run 2011?

Recommended Posts

Anyone going this year, I thought the flyer said October 15th? (had a blast last year) Wondering if any passes are required, I thought it was on private land but wanted to double check.

Thanks!:smashpc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90% chance that I'm going. The 10% uncertainty comes from the fact that I'm yet to mention it to the better half. A buddy of mine picked up a 98 300 exc and he is dying to to ride on the eastside. I went to the first poker run they had over there this year and had a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone going this year, I thought the flyer said October 15th? (had a blast last year) Wondering if any passes are required, I thought it was on private land but wanted to double check.

Thanks!:smashpc:

no passes required. private land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haha just went and dug out the flier and "accidentally" left it laying on the kitchen counter. I should know my status for the ride within the hour. Lol

we work in very similar ways. nice moves. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to go. My usual riding buddies are bailing on me though. It's a long trip from Olympia to make myself. Diesel is expensive! Hope to see you guys out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I will be riding it. Her third time on her ttr125... should be a long ride. Sat and Sunday.

Any one doing the am enduro cross? Might give it a shot....

I have heard its hard.

Red ford f250 w/ camper

Yz250 #21

Hurt my back a few miles in @ the one in march. Thanks again to the ktm rider who picked my bike up for me and got me back on it!

Luke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as I can get my front rim true by then I will be there friday night and riding saturday, maybe sat to sun depending on work. Black dodge dakota, black DRZ400, tent camping. Stop by and have a brew if you see me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
we work in very similar ways. nice moves. haha

My method got the discussion started,but my shrewd negotiating skills got me the green light. I'll be the guy on the 06 200 xc-w helping to pick up the 98 300 exc. Lol:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myself and a couple of riding buddies are thinking about coming. How long and what kind of terrain is the run?

i think the long course is 20+ miles with mostly sand, sand, bumps, sand, and rocks. oh, there's also a few more bumps and more sand.:smashpc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.fringemc.org/

Check out their website. Fun poker run. Will be an "endurocross" event too. There is a flyer pdf on their website. Temps will be about perfect - probably 50s. Fun terrain - lots of sand though. Very little hard pack, lots of sharp rocks -very deserty. Long course is around 25 miles iirc, short, easier course is around 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm there flyer says free dry camping but it also says $5 per person or $20 per vehicle. Not sure where the free comes in? Isn't that like saying the movie is free but is cost $9 to get in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I suppose "free" may not have been the best choice of words for them, but if you stay 2 nights - it would still be pretty cheap since you only have to pay the entrance fee once. Its a fun, family-friendly ride.

There is a small "kids" course out there, but make no mistake this is not the most beginner friendly place due to the amount of sand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmmm there flyer says free dry camping but it also says $5 per person or $20 per vehicle. Not sure where the free comes in? Isn't that like saying the movie is free but is cost $9 to get in?

the fee is a gate fee to make it worth while for the landowner. there's no additional cost for overnight camping, shitters, or garbage. pretty much sop at these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...