Sign in to follow this  

2010 Honda CRF250R Vortex X-10 Fuel trim setup

I just baught a vortex x-10 ecu for my 2010 honda CRF250R and it works great but i dont know how to setup the fuel trim. it runs pretty good stalls sometimes, when it idles i go to give it some throttle and it dies, it idles really high when i turn the idle screw down it dies, etc etc so i need help figuring this out.

Did you get it from MTracing? If so Mike Tolle should be able to help, his email is mtracing250@earthlink.net. He is us distributor.

Also Richard at Vortexcdi in Austraila is very helpful, his email is richard@vortexcdi.com.

We have always gotten quick responses to questions regarding the Vortex ecu.

What map are you using and what have you done to your bike? We have them on a mod 250f and a big bore 250f and the have been great on dyno. No issues like you are describing.

Tokoyo Mods appears to generate their own mapping so you probably need to talk to Tokoyo Mods. Our maps came from Vortex in Austraila. Does yours have a map specifically for Renegade SX4+ fuel? I think it is map 5 on or ECU.

Have you tried adding or taking away fuel with the low range adjuster?

yes ive tried taking away fuel but not adding i will try that, but i think i have two maps that say renegade , one is map 0 and the other is map 5, is it safe to run the renegade map with 93 super unleaeded fuel?

Without knowing something about the mapping and the renegade fuel it refers to I would not want to tell you to use pump gas. I would think that if the fuel is renegade SX4+ the map might have some of the timing pulled out from what would be used for some other race fuels.

You really need to talk to Tokyo Mods and see what they say. Didn't you get a sheet sowing the maps pre loaded and what they were for? It should provide guidence on fuel quality. I know the Vortex sheets at least refer to a minimum octane rating for the maps.