Sign in to follow this  

Kxf250 woods adjustment

I got a 07 kxf250 I ride woods got bark busters fat bars cut down few other things. what mods should I make to the engine an carb to tune it for woods?

When I'm puttin in the woods the radiators over heat why is that?

I got a 07 kxf250 I ride woods got bark busters fat bars cut down few other things. what mods should I make to the engine an carb to tune it for woods?

When I'm puttin in the woods the radiators over heat why is that?

I just got my 07 and and getting it ready for my 1st hare scramble this week with it and the best things you can do is...

1. Gearing, 13t-50t. Best way to get great bottom end and mid range power out of it and not at a cost.

2. Full exhaust system, FMF Mega bomb and 4.1 (works great for me)

3. Suspension. If the bike doesn't handle right, you can't go fast anyway over rocks, roots, wash outs, etc..

4. Proper tires. You gotta have fresh tires and the right kind for whatever the terrain is out where you ride. (sand, mud, hard pack, med)

I got mine brand new in 08 the place I bought it from broke it in wrong an I ended up havin to get a new engine in 2010 an then replaced the carb running great now awesome woods bike re-sleeved the head ran a lot better. You kno any good woods in GA that ain't sanctioned?

I got mine brand new in 08 the place I bought it from broke it in wrong an I ended up havin to get a new engine in 2010 an then replaced the carb running great now awesome woods bike re-sleeved the head ran a lot better. You kno any good woods in GA that ain't sanctioned?

Yea man, lots. We ride every week and weekend. Paulding, Woodstock and Canton are 3 of my favorite places to ride that has miles and miles of trails, hills, rivers, creeks, logs, downhills, and really challenging terrain. Then the riding parks we go to, Durham Town and Highland park are hands down the best parks we go to. But yea, weve got 3 areas we ride in that are a riding paradise that alot of people ride, and 1 ofem no one rides anymore. I'm racing SORCS this year and 14 out of 17 of those events are in GA. Their all at riding parks around the state and or riding areas, so I'm fining new places to ride now.

Sounds fun i was racin vchss which is a lot in west VA in the mountains which is a blast. Have you herd anything about the rekluse Clutchs my buddy got one an swears by it I ain't herd much about it tho

Sounds fun i was racin vchss which is a lot in west VA in the mountains which is a blast. Have you herd anything about the rekluse Clutchs my buddy got one an swears by it I ain't herd much about it tho

Yes, their badass and Ive rode a couple of bikes with them. They are the best thing since plastic! lol. But yea man, in the woods they are a so helpful, it makes rocky, rooty, hilly, sandy, tight uphill creeks or anything hard to normally ride, easy to ride. I'm getting one on this kxf and not looking back. Everyone that has one swears by them. Get the Rekluse xp or whatever the $800 version is and your still able to use your clutch like normal, but the bike will never stall. Its like riding an automatic 4wheeler, you know how it doesn't stall, you can stop in gear, then go, but an automatic with a clutch to fan, dump, pop, whatever you need it for to get the bike back on the pipe and up in the rev. Look at their videos on YouTube, Recluse made a series and it explains what it does. Its a great invention and a must for the woods. I can't wait to get one on this bike.:smashpc:

Nice let me kno how yours rides I'm thinking a getting one to yea my buddy said you cant never stall so I'm gone look into it. Good luck in the race man