Sign in to follow this  

Kx250 woods warrior on a budget

So I'm looking at buying a 95 kx250 (because I'm on a budget here) for racing hare scrambles next year. Starting from the ground up itll get all the necessary rebuild/maintenance items

Was wondering if anyone had any inputs on exhaust choices (fmf gnarly?), and clutch options as well as gearing and suspension mods?

Any 94-01 pipe will fit so any of those Gnarly's will fit and work good. I have a Gnarly, don't know what year and have used it on all my motors. Try a flywheel weight too.

Ed

i have a gnarly on my 96 along with stock can.i also have flywheel weight an boyesen rad valve.with these mods i think my bike became a better woods machine than track.

Kawie

FMF is like Wiseco. They both support "older" platforms. :smashpc:

Mess with your gearing and get some handguards. Jetting. Correct springs. Usual stuff.

The suspension on those bike is super easy to play around with. If you're confident digging into your forks you can save a ton of money. A bunch of people here or in the suspension forum can help you out with setup.

Besides that, the first things I would do are: bash plate, hand guards and an oversize tank.

Yup -- all those on are on mine.....

Its got a nice heavy duty thumpertalk skid/bash plate. Its got MSR hand guards, and a 3.1 gallon tank. ( its either Clarke or IMS, cant remember which )

another shameful plug......