07 kxf250 overheating

Not enough air is running through the radiators to cool the system. You'll see the smoke on many bikes sitting at the starting gate, the bike is running and getting hot while no air is passing through the radiator fins to cool it down.

It will hurt it. That´s why it´s called OVERheating.

A higher pressure radiator cap will keep the coolant in there longer, but it will not keep the overall temp down. A catchbottle can also be fitted to siphon the coolant back when it cools down.

Honestly a KXF is not a woods bike.

When I put around in the woods the radiators start smoking and burning up fluid why is this?

What kind of radiator fluid are you running? You can get little fans to mount on the radiator, alot of woods racers do it. All the GNCC guys are racing MX bikes, so its fine to use it in the woods, you just have to set it up right. Get some fans, use Engine Ice (thats worked well for me), get a high pressure cap and you should be good to go:ride:

well no, they ARE MX bikes, in stock trim you could not ride one in the woods like a trail bike without these problems. The reason Pros dont have heating/cooling problems is because they haul ass and for some reason it is always a cold, nasty wet day on GNCC day. so yeah they probably could go slow and get away with it, but in regular warmer temps bikes are very prone to overheating

I was using engine ice cost too much tho an I was thinking bout putting little computer fans on but Im shire it'll get all wet an full of dirt but It's worth a try I kno it stop over heating. Think I should put the fans on the inside or outside the radiators prob inside should stay cleaner

well how about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-KX250F-KXF250-aluminum-radiator-2006-2007-2008-/260853256379?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cbc10d0bb#ht_886wt_833

these are asian made but i bought a pair, and I gotta say these guys do a fair job on quality and function. These are the ultimate fix to your problem, couple this with a better impeller and cover, you will have a hard time overheating your bike anywhere anytime. As a reference I am fairly picky guy and I would buy these. Stay away from the cheaper ones though as the aluminum is lower grade, and bends easier, the most expensive arent exactly get what you pay for either

I was using engine ice cost too much tho an I was thinking bout putting little computer fans on but Im shire it'll get all wet an full of dirt but It's worth a try I kno it stop over heating. Think I should put the fans on the inside or outside the radiators prob inside should stay cleaner

I'd put them on the inside. Yea Engine Ice is $21 give or take for 1/2 gal, but you only have to change it out once a year, so when you think about it, its pretty damn cheap. That just me though, I put all the higher quality fluids in my bikes because I'd rather spend a few more bucks on fluids, then using cheaper, lower quality stuff and maybe run a higher risk of quicker wear on the motor, parts, etc. Try using "COOLANOL" anit-freeze by Maxima. Its $14.99 and actually my mechanic just talked me into trying that this week when I was getting stuff for the new bike. He swears by it and likes it better than engine ice. I have my 1st SORCS race this Sun with the new bike and the Coolanol in it, I'll let you know how it goes. This race is called "Rock Crusher: bc its in north GA and its mountainous and rocky as hell. I heard its got alot of slow, tight stuff, so I'll put the bike to the heating test. Out of the 10 or so MX bikes I've owned in my lifetime, 2 and 4strokes, I've never over heated one, even in these god awful hot summers down in GA. I dunno man, you may just have something wrong with your cooling system, or something, or it just needs to be set up better for the woods. Try some of the things we mentioned and let us know how it goes. It definitely won't hurt to use a better coolant, fans, high pressure cap, etc.

Yea i well I've bought it 4 or 5 times I'd rather go with best too but after a day of ridden it burns up at least a half a quart I can't buy a 1/2 gallon every other week it burn up a little slower but not enough I usually Cary a water bottle case it gets too low. Is the new bike 4stroke. Wat bike? Yea I think somethins wrong with the water pump idk I'll see if I can't do a pressure test on the cooling system

Yea i well I've bought it 4 or 5 times I'd rather go with best too but after a day of ridden it burns up at least a half a quart I can't buy a 1/2 gallon every other week it burn up a little slower but not enough I usually Cary a water bottle case it gets too low. Is the new bike 4stroke. Wat bike? Yea I think somethins wrong with the water pump idk I'll see if I can't do a pressure test on the cooling system

Yea I just sold my rmz450 and got a kx250f this week. Yea, that doesn't sound right getting low like that, or burning it up. It shouldn't be doing that. You know you can't add water to engine ice because it gels up, so if your adding water to it, that's probably your problem there. Its already pre-mixed and they tell you not to add water. Yea, it could be your water pump, the hoses clogged somewhere, something of that nature. I'd flush it, make sure its nice and clean and flowing properly, then fill it w/ a good radiator fluid, but don't add water! Leave the cap off, crank it, and look down in the radiator and see if the coolant is cycling through. You'll see it flowing if its cycling like its supposed too..

I have a 2010 kx250f and was having heating issues on deep tracks. I installed Pro Circuit water pump, cv4 20psi cap, cv4 hoses, and engine ice. I can now run 25 min motos no problem, the bike runs almost the same the hole time out. I realize motocross is not trail riding but one thing is for sure, my 20 acre track is far from easy on my 250f! As for burning fluid, I would say you are losing most of your fluid through the over flow tube. The cv4 20psi cap should help with that. Overall the pro circuit water pump is a decent amount of money, but I think it should be one of the first upgrades most people should do. A cool running motor, is a happy motor!! Good Luck

Edited by Slice259
add