Sign in to follow this  

1997 KX125 with 184cc on jug

Ok my BF has a 1997 Kx125 that needs a new topend and what not. Here is the catch on the jog it says 184cc. I can not find anywhere on the net where they made a big bore kit of this size for a kx125. I need help on finding the right size piston to replace this with and will a normal 125 crank work ( im thinking not ).

What are you guys thoughts or even if you have ever seen something like this before.

What you guys need to do is take the top end off and measure things (with a micrometer) before anything else. And if it is a 184(I doubt it) you should try phoning Wiseco there's a good chance they can hook you up with a piston

To get that displacement it's not just a big-bore, it's also stroked. So you'll have to measure everything to find out what parts to purchase.

Isn't there a name of a company stamped on the cylinder also, so you know who did the work?

Ok my BF has a 1997 Kx125 that needs a new topend and what not. Here is the catch on the jog it says 184cc. I can not find anywhere on the net where they made a big bore kit of this size for a kx125. I need help on finding the right size piston to replace this with and will a normal 125 crank work ( im thinking not ).

What are you guys thoughts or even if you have ever seen something like this before.

More than likely it's not 184cc... But if it is the largest piston I know of available is for a 167cc kit (which uses a stroker crank to have so much more displacement). :smashpc:

Nope no custom stamping.. i will prolly tear into over the winter. Just wanted to see if anybody had heard of that. Yeah i truely doubt its 184cc. Also where would i get all the stroker parts???

Yeah im sure it doesnt say 134cc. Just now starting to get around to the dirtbikes.