Sign in to follow this  

What Street Bike Should I Get

Al rite guys i have ridden dirt bikes for 4 or 5 years now so i know how to ride pretty well. i now have a 07 trx 400ex.

Getting back to the point I WANT A STREET BIKE (not a Cruiser) and i need to know what bike should i get and what size.

I am 16 years old at 6'2" and 270(GO FOOTBALL). being 16 you know i wanna have some fun to :smashpc:

I will not be getting it real soon because nobody wants to hire a 16 year old in my town for some reason. .FML. .LOL.

I am very Brand Open. please tell me waht you guys think i should get. Any info will help.👍

none! good way to kill yourself haha. put more money into dirt toys :smashpc:, less insurance, less $$. one hit and you'd be done man..

I have to agree. I bought a Yamaha R1 at 24. I am an experienced dirt rider. The dangerous part about it was that I knew how to ride the bike but didn't have mental maturity to keep it under control. At 26 I am finally starting to see the light.

Start with a 600cc sportbike at the very biggest. I would even advise starting on a 500cc bike.

Leave your ego at home. Don't ride over your head, or you might lose it.

Ride as if you're invisible, *(NOT AS IF YOU'RE INVINCIBLE DUMBASS); I ride like noone can see me. A lot of times you think a driver noticed you, but they don't.

Good luck, be smart, don't drink and ride.

• Like 1

Honest Recommendation?

A track only YZ450F supermono.

Don't ride "on public streets" until you are out of highschool.

Start with a 600cc sportbike at the very biggest. I would even advise starting on a 500cc bike.

Ride as if you're invisible, *(NOT AS IF YOU'RE INVINCIBLE DUMBASS); I ride like noone can see me. A lot of times you think a driver noticed you, but they don't.

dont call me a dumb ass for how i ride, first u dont kno how i ride, im one of the most respectable people ever. i dont do thing that could remotely injurer or scare some body else. two i ride with humility. im talking about driveway stunts not on the road with other people.

but i understand ur point and respect it thanks for ur input

Sportbikes and highschool kids are such a frequent bad combo that I can't honestly recommend it.

Be careful with whatever you decide.

So much misinformation there. :smashpc:

First off, being 6'2" he's gonna be cramped on a 600 sport bike. If you find one with a semi large cockpit you will still need adj rear sets and a double bubble screen at the very least.

IMO, a good transition bike would be something like a DRZ400 or another dual sport or supermoto. Since you are used to the chassis you can focus on learning how to ride the roads w/o having 120hp between your legs.

Older 70's standards are good bikes too. You can play around with the seating and bars to get a good fit. They are cheap and easy to work on for the most part.

Hard question to answer....

First of all your 6'2" 270 lbs!

A 600cc sportbike would squeal with agony under you.

But something bigger, may be out of your ability, since your new to road bikes.

I'd be looking a a more upright bike, the DRZ400, like mentioned above, is a good transition bike.

Maybe a Euro Dual Sport, like a Dakar or an older Honda CX 500 or 650 or a VStrom.

Hard question to answer....

First of all your 6'2" 270 lbs!

A 600cc sportbike would squeal with agony under you.

But something bigger, may be out of your ability, since your new to road bikes.

I'd be looking a a more upright bike, the DRZ400, like mentioned above, is a good transition bike.

Maybe a Euro Dual Sport, like a Dakar or an older Honda CX 500 or 650 or a VStrom.

yah i kinda figured i would have that problem lol and yah thats what im thinking about getting a supermoto style bike

and OWW ur bio hurts my brain

A couple quick thoughts for you on street riding:

If a car driver has ANY chance of doing something stupid, EXPECT IT.

If a car is stopped but aiming to come onto the street you're on, watch the wheels not the car body to see if it starts moving. Much easier and quicker to spot the wheels turning.

+1 for the supermoto idea.

There is NO appreciable size difference between sport bikes anymore. The 600 and the 1000 are so close in size it's not worth mentioning.

Having said that, you're 16, a sportbike will cost more in insurance than the bike itself costs. This is fact, just call up an insurance company and ask for a quote on any race replica bike and you'll either laugh or cry.

There are tons of great bikes out there that are not race reps.

Ducati Monster

Suzuki Sv

Honda Hornet

Suzuki Gs

Your best bet would be a dual purpose or standard motorcycle. Sportbikes are just way too easy to go fast on with an inexperienced rider. Then when something bad happens, you have no time to react because you're inexperienced and you're dead or in debt with a wadded up 10k dollar toy.

[quote name=Tmall;

Your best bet would be a dual purpose or standard motorcycle. Sportbikes are just way too easy to go fast on with an inexperienced rider. Then when something bad happens' date=' you have no time to react because you're inexperienced and you're dead or in debt with a wadded up 10k dollar toy.[/quote]

not trying to say im an expert but i have ridden dirt bikes for a wile so im not completely inexperienced but i dont have any street experience and im for dang shure not spending 10k on a bike till i get alot of experience i only payed 5700 for my truck lol but im starting to get that same mind set you have

👍:busted::ride::busted::worthy::busted::worthy::busted::worthy::busted:

You need a 2012 Suzuki Gixxer 600 but if you want to be really brave, go for the 1000.

hells yah lol but im not that brave or well funded and i would end up doin stupid shit on it. my uncle jus got an r6 and said he hit 135 and it still had a lil more and im like nope not 4 me ill kill myself on it

It may sound bad but get something around a 250 or 500. If you get a sport bike at 16, you are going to get hammered by the insurance companies.

Yes, you need to be safe for sure and going 135 is not good news, especially if you get caught.:busted:

Get your Power Commander here.

a funny thing is that you say going 135 is a bad deal yet your advertizing a power commander lol

It may sound bad but get something around a 250 or 500. If you get a sport bike at 16, you are going to get hammered by the insurance companies.

thats what i was thinking about bike size wise a drz 400 and i figured insurance would probably try to screw me over