HELP- White thick oil.

If it is only at the oil filler / cap, no worry. Ride longer to bring oil up to operating tem long enough to burn off moisture, make sure the oil tank vent line is not blocked

If the oil drained itself is emulsified then you have an issue to address.. submerge the bike in water lately? Or a coolant leak

If it is only at the oil filler / cap, no worry. Ride longer to bring oil up to operating tem long enough to burn off moisture, make sure the oil tank vent line is not blocked

If the oil drained itself is emulsified then you have an issue to address.. submerge the bike in water lately? Or a coolant leak

Im going to drain the oil this afternoon, and check but the oil on the dipstick is clear and looks like oil. my bike rarely gets above 70 degrees celsius (according to the vapor) because i do mainly road and gravel riding. should be i be letting it heat up to burn off the white stuff? Cooling system is tight and i havnt submerged it although we have had shit loads of rain lately and the air is very wet atm.

so if its only around the filler neck, could it not be sealing properly

No, maybe, but no..

That is just the highest point, where the mosture will collect and cause the oil to turn milky.

Short runs, and not bringing the bike up to full operating temp is the common reason for that.

Blocked oil tank vent is another