Sign in to follow this  

Washington 4th Annual Hareport Scramble October 16th

The 4th annual Hareport Scramble is coming up fast, it’s October 16th at Bremerton Raceway, find the flyer at the NMA web site for details. Come check out the great course we have cleared out! The grass track is back, along with some pavement, woods, clearcuts and a few other surprises.

The gate will be open Saturday night 5-8pm for camping, and at 7:00am Sunday morning.

A concessioner is planning on being there both Saturday night and Sunday starting at 7:00am selling burgers and breakfast.

We will again be sharing the facilities with a car club on Sunday, so pay attention to where we need you to park and where we are not to go, it worked well last year and allows us to have access a month earlier and drier ground.

See you there!!

Jasonlion, good question. Rain or shine, we are good to go. We keep learning more about the land there with each race, and have done some other things to try to be prepared for any hard rain that might show up.

Right now you can still find dust down a few inches, but the traction is awesome and it can handle any rain we'll get in the next week and a half. The amount of rain we had received those first two years was unbelievable.

So bottom line is it’s on, come check out this year’s course I think it’s a layout that you’ll really like.

Wouldn't miss this one! Great club, great race every year

Later,

Jeff Tasky

I've been mulling over racing this one after seeing some videos of it online. Could anyone speak on behalf of the terrain & soil? What type of soil (rocky or rooty, sandy or clay or black dirt etc)??

I'd like to have an idea of what type of tire I'd like to run.

Also, I see the words "NMA Sound Test" on the flier. What is your max db?

I have a nearly new 2011 KX450 with a PMB endcap. I'd like to think that I'd pass...I've only done one race this year (Dick Jagow) & haven't been sound tested. I'd hate to drive 300 miles and fail for sound or just plain be illegal for that matter. :smashpc:

Any feedback would be appreciated.

The soil is just like Tahuya state forest or the Shelton area....soft soil, occasional roots with small rocks embedded in the soil. They do a nice job of varying the terrain and making the trails wide with difficult level short cuts or easy longer ways. Most trails through clear cuts.

As for the sound test, I had a PMB endcap and my 2011 ktm 250f wouldn't have passed any real by the book sound test. so that being said......but then again it is on private land so I would call the club and ask directly.

Hope this helps.

I've been mulling over racing this one after seeing some videos of it online. Could anyone speak on behalf of the terrain & soil? What type of soil (rocky or rooty, sandy or clay or black dirt etc)??

I'd like to have an idea of what type of tire I'd like to run.

Also, I see the words "NMA Sound Test" on the flier. What is your max db?

I have a nearly new 2011 KX450 with a PMB endcap. I'd like to think that I'd pass...I've only done one race this year (Dick Jagow) & haven't been sound tested. I'd hate to drive 300 miles and fail for sound or just plain be illegal for that matter. :smashpc:

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Blindside,

Since this is an NMA event we are bound to their sound rules, which I have pasted below, so it’ll have to be your call. We have yet to be in a position to turn anyone away in the three previous years, but that doesn’t mean it can’t occur. I hope you can make it and have a great time.

“1C EQUIPMENT

1C(1) All motorcycles must have a securely fitted muffler which limits exhaust noise to a maximum of 102 dB(A) for air-cooled bikes, and 98 dB(A) for water-cooled bikes, when measured at a distance of 20 inches at an angle of 45 degrees from the exhaust outlet at the engine speeds in the Motorcycle Industry Council Book., with the meter at 90 degrees to the 45 degree angle (meter thus pointing away and behind the bike), and the meter at the same height as the exhaust outlet, details per SAE J1399.

Part of the event fees clubs must pay to the NMA in support of season awards is a $100.00 sound test fee. Any Club that performs a valid sound test for all the riders in their event will have that fee waived. The penalty for a rider who fails to meet the sound test requirements will be disqualification. Two retests will be allowed before a rider is considered disqualified.

An NMA Competition Committee member or an official designee may be present at any NMA event for the purpose of sound testing. This official may perform sound testing in a random or a targeted manner, up to an including pulling a bike off the start grid, off the course, or at the finish, to be tested, with the same outcome (DQ) possible.”

The kids course is looking great, we received some parental feedback last year and will not allow parents to ride with their kids this year. The kids short course is mostly the same as last years and is very visible and accessible to the parents, so everyone should be comfortable with that decision.

Bring the little ones and watch them ride, it is a great opportunity for them to get some exciting and safe racing in and a real crowd pleaser!

The soil is just like Tahuya state forest or the Shelton area....soft soil, occasional roots with small rocks embedded in the soil.

I have to disagree with that statement a bit. I've never ridden at Shelton, but the race soil is very different from Tahuya. Tahuya is mostly gravel, the race soil is more like loam/clay. It's great when dry, and great when a little bit wet, but when it's soaked it ruts up pretty bad. Tahuya, on the other hand, is best when it's wettest.

rode a trials tire the 1st year and it wasn't the best setup on the euro style mx grass section

The club will be including a grass track this year along with some pavement plus some new trail, some old trail, some clear cuts and some fresh logged areas. Bottom line, may the best tire win.

Thanks for the information. I went ahead & ordered an "ultra-silent" insert for my PMB endcap just incase. Still contemplating tire selection...Anyway, hopefully the weather remains favorable & there's a good turnout.

I'll be riding Open A, #57 on a KX 450 if anyone wants to say hi. 👍

Well with the recent light showers, I think we can once again guarantee no dust!! Actually the weather forecast is looking pretty good as the week goes on, so come check it out.

Remember we are sharing the property again with a car club, so make sure you follow our rules as far as where to park or go and treat the property with respect, especially the grass areas. It’s a privilege to be able to use it and we want to be able to keep doing this every year.

Can you make any other guarantees as far as conditions are concerned? 👍 What are we looking at?

Can you make any other guarantees as far as conditions are concerned? :ride: What are we looking at?

Let me think…. I can guarantee that if Jason Raines shows up he won’t be competing, it won’t be snowing, when it’s all done your bike will be dirty and you should be tired but grinning.

Oh ya, and I can guarantee you are going to spend the rest of this week trying to figure out what tire to run between the pavement, loamy deep woods, the roots that will show up, the harder packed clear cuts and the virgin sections of grass track, not to mention the mystery mud holes that might show up once you guys get going!!

What I can’t guarantee is the current decent weather forecast will hold, but it looks just fine right now!👍