Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Washington 4th Annual Hareport Scramble October 16th

Mud Ducks, who was the guy taking pics during the long course with a Geico Honda coat on? Does anyone know how to get ahold of those pics?

Here are some of my son that a friend took.

i-q86H8TJ-X3-1.jpg

i-SjV3gtt-X3.jpg

i-hKqRqgK-L.jpg

i-z75fc4M-X3.jpg

...and my personal favorite.

i-QLQtdNn-X3.jpg

JamesB, you are right, you shouldn't have to wait that long for your trophy. I'm not sure what the delay was yesterday, I was out pulling ribbon and wasn't near scoring after the last races were done.

What is the"normal" procedure, do most clubs present trophies after the morning race while the afternoon race is going, or do they wait for them all to be done? Did we hand out long course trophies while they were figuring out the short course scores or did we wait until they were all done scoring all of them before starting to hand them out?

Thanks for the input, we'll discuss where we can improve and are glad you had fun and will be back next year!!

A few things...

Run the short course in the morning so that if there are a lot of protests(reason for the delay) they can be resolved during the long course.

Also hand out the kids trophies first! They were all bored and chomping at the bit to get their trophies...

A few things...

Run the short course in the morning so that if there are a lot of protests(reason for the delay) they can be resolved during the long course.

Also hand out the kids trophies first! They were all bored and chomping at the bit to get their trophies...

FinchFan394, I remember your young man, he had quite the determined look on his face!! I hope he enjoyed the course.

It'll be interesting to see how the feedback will be from running the long course first, you do have a valid point that we would have more time to score the larger short course group while the long course guys are running. I will pass your comments on.

I'm not sure about the photographer, but I see you're a PSER, and Joe was there from your club taking pictures. He usually makes a link on line to them doesn't he? His website is jspuhn.smugmug.com . I don't see anything there yet, but check back later.

Thanks for the compliment on my son, I am not sure what changed, but something changed in him and he just started going for it.

Yes I bet Joe will post a link up as soon as he gets a chance to upload them.

Another PSER took this one! :thumbsup: Rough start for this guy, hope the rest of his day went better!

i-6vgPFZ7-X3.jpg

The course and the conditions were awesome, I will definitely be back next year. I think this was my favorite race of the season!

Does anyone know if the results will be put online at any point? It would be fun to look them over. I know NMA will post the results, but they exclude everybody without a competition license.

I lined up next to Jacob Butler (#2 in NMA points for my class, 200c). I think he had a helmet cam on, if he or someone he knows is reading this, and its on youtube, please put up a link!

Fun course...that tests your skillz!

I like the long course as the first race of the day :thumbsup:

Thank you to those who put in the hard work to make the race happen. I had a great time, and will make sure to see you next year.

This is the 4th year and we tried something a little different by starting the long course first. The reason was, we had a lot of new trail and we did not have a crystal ball to predict the weather. We had a plan in place so we could cut the course down as conditions may have worsened. We had the two kid's races last so the parents that raced could go do their race and be back to help their kid.

I thought I saw a lot of spectators watching the two kids races while scoring was taking place which was part of the plan. Again we did not have a crystal ball and could not predict how many protests we were going to receive.

I don't think our club will break up the trophy presentation since that is part of encouraging your new and up coming riders on a job well done. I do agree that the kids trophies should be given out first. We normally have our results posted within a day so you can run a print out. I know it is difficult to make everyone happy but that is riding and we strive to put on a quality event for you. Our club will not cut the pay for any of our volunteers who put in many hours of work to support this event and our sport.

Paul

BCMC President

Our club will not cut the pay for any of our volunteers who put in many hours of work to support this event and our sport.

Paul

BCMC President

That's a good point to keep in mind for anybody that wants to complain :thumbsup:

This is the 4th year and we tried something a little different by starting the long course first. The reason was, we had a lot of new trail and we did not have a crystal ball to predict the weather. We had a plan in place so we could cut the course down as conditions may have worsened. We had the two kid's races last so the parents that raced could go do their race and be back to help their kid.

I thought I saw a lot of spectators watching the two kids races while scoring was taking place which was part of the plan. Again we did not have a crystal ball and could not predict how many protests we were going to receive.

I don't think our club will break up the trophy presentation since that is part of encouraging your new and up coming riders on a job well done. I do agree that the kids trophies should be given out first. We normally have our results posted within a day so you can run a print out. I know it is difficult to make everyone happy but that is riding and we strive to put on a quality event for you. Our club will not cut the pay for any of our volunteers who put in many hours of work to support this event and our sport.

Paul

BCMC President

Fully understood, it was an awesome event, I just hope it is allowed to continue for many years to come.

That's a good point to keep in mind for anybody that wants to complain :thumbsup:

Mud Ducks asked for opinions and I gave mine, not complaining at all. I know how much work these events are to.prepare for and to put on.

Our club doesnt pay the volunteers whm put in countless hours toward the races and the sport.But this year we are going to double that amount to cut down on complaints:banana::thumbsup:

Mud Ducks asked for opinions and I gave mine, not complaining at all. I know how much work these events are to.prepare for and to put on.

I was just making a general statement not directed at anybody. The feedback on this thread is pretty good.

Here is a video of the guy on the Husaberg looping out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jspuhn?feature=mhee

As for pictures, I hope to have them up tomorrow.

Joe

Cool vid. Couple of nice passes by you there.

And that loop out at the start, thanks for showing that. When I saw the pic posted, I was wondering how that happened.

Note to self: always monitor the pre-race Red Bull consumption. LOL!

And your reaction was classic. Ha ha...

I was just making a general statement not directed at anybody. The feedback on this thread is pretty good.

Right on man, sorry I am naturally defensive around these forums...

Cool vid. Couple of nice passes by you there.

And that loop out at the start, thanks for showing that. When I saw the pic posted, I was wondering how that happened.

Note to self: always monitor the pre-race Red Bull consumption. LOL!

And your reaction was classic. Ha ha...

Was that you?

Every once in a while youre in the right place and catch stuff like that. I hope that guy is laughing about it now. He should watch the other video I posted, it might make him feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jspuhn?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/sxUHQLJcHQ8

Anyways, I have a bunch more pictures for people to look through. I took pictures of the first race and my wife shot the second race. She was a bit biased with her shots but there are some of other riders.

http://jspuhn.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2011-Hareport-Scramble