Sign in to follow this  

What's your experience with offset tripple clamps?

I have a 06 CRF 250 R that I revalved and re-sprung the suspension...which I'm very happy with.

I also run a scotts damper.

My only issue is the front wheel pushes a little in flat turns...I need to do more testing with fork height and rear sag.

BUT" my first thought was that I may have set the float too tight which is not allowing the front to compress enough...hence the pushing,,,not entirely sure though.

I didn't want to move anything in the fork because I really like the way it's working now...so...I was thinking about off set clamps mabye 22's

What do you guys think?

Thanks for any input!!!!

I tried some RG3 triple clamps on my YZF one year. And while they did help make it turn like a Honda, I lost the front end stability traits of the Yamaha that I love so much. So for me, it was a poor trade-off. Your results may vary!!! Maniac

it will be a trade off , I would consider softer ics to make it settle better

I have a YZ 250F and I love my offset clamps. I got the RG3 22.5 offset. It takes a little bit to find a happy medium between strait line stability and better turning because you will loose some stability with the offset clamps. I run my forks a few mm above flush, but that will just come from testing and seeing what you like.