Sign in to follow this  

which is louder

If they are all stock, then the yz will be louder. If you put an aftermarket pipe on the 4strokes, the sound levels will be similar, but other factors will come into play. For example, if you are riding in the woods, the vegetation dampens the sound of a 2 stroke much more than a 4 stroke.

lol the yz for sure dude the others r farm bikes not mx 4 strokes

im down to picking over the klx125l and the yz85 and i neeed it to round up cattle so if the klx is quiter iil get it

Thanks Guys

Sheeeet cow-boy, you need a full size 450 Thumper with the exhaust packing removed! I move big cows with a big thump all the time (cows get in our trails)....those little bikes aren't going to scare 'em, just make them curious until you get stomped.

I don't think cows move too fast, so the 4 stroke playbikes would get the nod...

which is louder? yz85 or a klx125l or a ttr125lwe

My son has a CR80 (close enough to a YZ) and a TTR125L. The KLX and TTR are likely pretty close in volume, and I can tell you that my son's CR80 is about a thousand times louder than the TTR. It's pretty obnoxious - I can hear his bike when it is close to a mile away (literally).

The TTR, on the other hand, sounds like a sewing machine. I did the 'washer mod' on the TTR exhaust, just to make it sound kinda like a motorcycle, but it is still really quiet. If it is on the other side of the house, I can't hear it running.

For your application, the loud bike might be better. They won't even know you're coming on a KLX, but with a YZ85, just pull in the clutch and mat the throttle and....STAMPEDE!!!

JayC

All of thoe little 125 4 stoke trail bikes are really quiet, because they have a baffeled muffler. MX bikes all have an open muffler with fiber packing around a perferated tube. So if you're russelin' cattle and 4 stroke trail bike is only choice.

Just get yourself the biggest 4x4 quad out there and run a 25" straight pipe, that will get them to move.

ive ridden quads for neraly 9 years and im bored of them so i was looking for something more fun!

Actually, a bike you might consider is the discontinued KDX 200 or 220. It's probably (with the stock pipe) about the quietest competition-oriented dirtbike ever made, and while it's outdated by the standard of today's KTM XCs, it's still a fine dirtbike for fun and even mild competition. It's also reliable a a rock!

I don't think cows move too fast, so the 4 stroke playbikes would get the nod...

cows can move fast when they want to, 4 stroke motocrosser get them moving and can catch them quickly went they get away:thumbsup: