Sign in to follow this  

Riding Landmarks In Barstow Area

I've heard of places like 'Disneyland' out in Ocotillo and Ridgecrest areas; Whenever someone talks about their favorite place to ride, they have these names for cool places to check out. Does anyone know of any place like this in the Barstow area off Hodge Rd and Outlet Center Dr. Been riding in this area for years but never caught on to this. Also interested in areas around Johnson Valley and El Mirage.

I used to ride those areas in the 80’s and 90’s. Wore out many a good dirt bike there. Used to be you could camp at Mid Hills , ride the Mojave Road to Colorado river, turn south at the river and ride the other old wagon road, whose name I cannot remember, to Johnson Valley, the turn north to Afton Canyon, then back to Mid Hills. However , S21 passed and shut it all down……………. Haven’t been riding there since. Is Razor Valley and Stoddard Valley still out there??? There was also a great ride from Jaw Bone Canyon thru the state park to Ridgecrest to Saline Valley then back to Jaw Bone…. But again S21.…….. Ah for yesteryear!! Maybe some of that has been reopened????? I had a Husky 500XC for while which made these rides more than fun.

Stoddard valley is there. Powerline road still cuts right through it. Only land marks i know of is slash x, the old bike memorial thing, and then the small bunker...