Sign in to follow this  

What gearing on a 350 SX-F

Hello,

I have the oem gearing 14-50 on my 350 sxf, but i think the 3th gear is pretty long as I only ride on MX tracks. What gearing do you guys ride/reccomend?

Run both 14 - 52 and 13 - 50.

13 - 50 does not beat the crap out of the clutch or over heat in the bush and still clears everything on the track.

Experiment and see what works for you.

just tried 14-52. It makes it easier to use 3rd but it almost hits like a 250 two stroke now. I think I might try 14-51 and see if that is the happy medium...

just tried 14-52. It makes it easier to use 3rd but it almost hits like a 250 two stroke now. I think I might try 14-51 and see if that is the happy medium...

Thats why i went 13 48 its right between 14 51 and 52 and I dont care for what the bigger rears do to the suspension action.

Mike

Thats why i went 13 48 its right between 14 51 and 52 and I dont care for what the bigger rears do to the suspension action.

Mike

can you pull third gear in most situations with 13/48?

went 14-51 on mine and it changes the bike up quite a bit even for 1 tooth. Jumps I was short shifting from 2nd to 3rd before I can get lazy and just hold it open around the corner in 3rd. thought of going 14-52 but think it might be too much.