Rock Creek (aka Georgetown) Status as of 10-05-2011

Just recieved this email from the Georgetown Ranger District.

To All:

At 7:20 AM on October 5, 2011, 2.02 inches of rain was measured at the Georgetown Ranger Station. This is enough rain to trigger a closure of the Rock Creek Trails for OHVs, bicycles and equestrians. The trails will remain closed until there has been 48 hours of drying weather.

For the latest information on the status of the Rock Creek Trails, please call (530) 333-4312. We would appreciate you passing this information on to your organizations and contacts. Thank you for your cooperation and remember to tread lightly.

Jon Jue

District Resource Officer

Georgetown Ranger District, Eldorado National Forest

(530) 333-5550, Fax: (530) 333-5522

Jon is a good guy. He has had his hands tied with Karen Schambach's lawsuits to try to close the areas for years. IF you dont know who she is you should look her up and get in on the fight to save our lands.

We need to get this guy out of there. I don't even ride there but seeing how much he closes OUR land for US to use is insane. The Upper Lake ranger district is almost as bad. They must be on the payroll for the Sierra Club.

You know not of what you speak. Jon is just a middleman in the office following regulations. Come on up to the Georgetown ranger station on Oct. 14, 10:00am for the Rock Creek Collaborative meeting.

Ride on

Brewster

Well that maybe true but what I do know is george town and middle creek are closed more than Stoneyford. I can go to Stonyford almost anytime the other two are closed. Now I am sure some one will say they get different amounts of rain but seriously this happens way too often. It is not simply rain fall quantity. If I am wrong about Jon or who ever is at Middle creek making the decision then I appologize to them but some one is seriously abusing their power here. If there is someone to blame publish the name and we can redirect the hostility.

Well that maybe true but what I do know is george town and middle creek are closed more than Stoneyford.

Please consider Rock Creek to be closed permanently and fancy yourself off to the beautiful Stonyford every weekend.

Plus...

Georgetown Sucks!

So why bother?

Where's a deer hunter's stray bullet when you really need one?!

You know, those no longer bother me all that much while out riding. It's hearing Mexicans communicating within the same channel as my helmet radio. That freaks me the 'eff out, because you know they're not hunting or hiking out there.

You know, those no longer bother me all that much while out riding. It's hearing Mexicans communicating within the same channel as my helmet radio. That freaks me the 'eff out, because you know they're not hunting or hiking out there.

That was me and my homies you heard esay!we were trying to tell you to come a little closer with your moto bike, we needed some help with our irrigation pipes.. U no habla espanol senior?

Ms Karen no want you up here cause we supply her all her hemp for her beautiful sandals, and sweaters! We styled her Subaru out just last week in some sweet hemp interior! Hey essay, you should have smelled the stink coming from her old driver seat...smelled like nasty old goat cheese!

There has to be a 48 hour 'drying out period'. That doesn't mean no rain and in some cases even sunshine won't be enough if there's snow on the ground. If it's cold, in the 30's, then a drying out period might be more than 48 hours. If there's snow, there can be NO snow, at all, anywhere or it stays closed.

I've been running around the hills these past couple days, and ran into snow of 3" at 5,000' elevation and up to 12" at 8,200' elevation. Snowed all day long today as well. Just not hard.

GT might open Sunday, but I wouldn't be waiting to find out if I really wanted to go riding this weekend. Cold weather and all, the shear amount of rain, 2 to 3 inches, and there will be more mud than I would want to ride still around on Sunday.