Sign in to follow this  

Trouble with fitting yoshi slip-on

Have a new to me Yoshi slip-on for my 03 E. It came off a SM. When i tried to slip on, the clearance or diameter of Yoshi pipe is tighter and won't go over what I'll call a bushing that is a couple to 3 inches up on the header pipe. The clamp also looks like it might not be small enough to have a tight fit. Anyone run into this? Any suggestions would be appreciated...thx

Bruce

Please tell me I can still use this? It fits a bit tighter, just won't go over the original bushing. Can't something be used for replacement like exhaust tape or something? I don't want leaks of course. Thx...

Are you talking about the gasket that seals the header to the muffler? I had just the opposite situation when I added an E header to my stock S exhaust. The gasket that sealed the two didn't fit any more so I made an aluminum tube on my lathe and slit it the long way to replace the stock gasket. If you can't do that I have read threads where people did the same thing with aluminum from a beer/soda can.

You may also have to modify the mid point mount bracket or fab up a new one. I don't know for sure but it may also mount up to the hole in the bracket where the rear foot peg is.

I don't have a lathe...if the rest of the pipe aligns ok how about some pipe cut to size at home depot as a gasket? Any high temp sealants that can help with potential leaks?

Bruce

I don't have a lathe...if the rest of the pipe aligns ok how about some pipe cut to size at home depot as a gasket? Any high temp sealants that can help with potential leaks?

Bruce

I think I have read about some members using Red RTV sealant