Sign in to follow this  

props to my '09 WR300

Every time I ride it, I like it more and more. My first 2S bike since my '78 YZ250 I had in the early 90's. Last night I was again putting around the trails in 1st gear with my younger boys on their XR50 & TT-R90. Never once did it even load up, let alone foul a plug. It just chugs right along, even up hill barely over an idle. I'm amazed at how versitile this bike is!!! Don't miss my heavy old XR400 at all anymore :smashpc:

I know exactly how you feel dude. I love riding mine and it puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

They are amazing machines. I honestly believe that my 09 300 handles better than my YZ250. And, it seems to like it when the trail gets gnarlier and gnarlier. I love this bike!

Can you guys tell me about the way the power hits. I have a Klx450 and a 98 yz250. I am thinking about selling the Kawi and going for the wr300. I find that the yz will tire me out faster than the kawi because of the two stroke hit. Is the husky 300 power smooth like the way the KTM power is described?

The power hits smoother than a moto2t. In comparison to my YZ250 anyway. It is still a stong pull, but it has a lot more torque.

Yep, what he said. Gobs of torque and if you want the hit, just twist your wrist and feather the clutch. I love mine compared to my previous KX250 that was setup for woods. You can't go wrong with the WR300!

How is the clutch pull? It is a cable,or is it hydrolic?

Its cable and sucks but thats what autoclutchs are for:thumbsup:

I don't know why people complain about the clutch pull, I have no problem with mine. I lube my cable and it doesn't bother me at all, I'm anti autoclutch.

I don't know why people complain about the clutch pull, I have no problem with mine. I lube my cable and it doesn't bother me at all, I'm anti autoclutch.

No joke, the clutch pull is WAY easier than my 450 was. I am also anti auto clutch. You just can't go from a trials bike to an auto clutch and back.

cable pull is way easier than my old XR400 was. I'm not anti-auto, but i have not problems with the clutch on this bike at all!