Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Fall Color Tours...

My wife's really into the colors so I take her to Atlanta. She has limited expierence riding, so we do the orv route from the trailhead to the Elbo Inn at Canada Creek, get gas and head back. Colors are usually good and there is a stand of birch that is amazing to ride through. Round trip is about 45-50 miles. :smashpc:

Thank you, maybe I will check that out as I must be part woman and really enjoy the fall colors, lol!!! I have been disapointed on my main trails as they are mostly Jack Pine.

I think Crappo Creek is the only other trail that I have seen a lot of color on...

It can be different from year to year but Kalkaska should be nice about this time, also Mio/ Hunt Creek might be good also.

I was going to suggest Kalkaska. I remember riding there in early October a few years back, and the light filtering through the leaves mid-afternoon was like wearing high-intensity yellow lenses. It was really cool.

We rode the Little Manistee Trail on tuesday this week, about 50To 60% color up there. I think it looked pretty good ,hard to tell at speeds we riding, got the whole trail in less than 2hours.

rode big bear loop yesterday pretty good colors. was pretty nice up at atlanta today also.

rode st. helen area yesterday, took mccct up towards ambrose. after about a half hour ride you come to a huge hill where you can see for miles... beautiful color. (sorry no pics)

Rode Holton on Sunday. Beautiful out no matter where you go this time of year. 👍 The only way you miss out is by not going somewhere.

Thanks for the replies; I think it will be Atlanta this weekend, as I have never "officially" made it to those trails before. One weekend I was supposed to meet a fellow member in that area; didn't get out of work until 10:30 or so and was so tired that I endend up sleeping in a parking lot near Galdwin and just rode that area, lol!!!

👍