Sign in to follow this  

Drain bolt washer

My crf leaks oil very slowly from the drain bolt. I believe I need a new washer. Where do i get one? Cant seem to find it on the OEM page. I appreciate any help.

Most any Ace Hardware or auto supply will have an assortment of aluminum or copper washers. It's an 8mm inside diameter. If I have the option, I prefer an aluminum washer, but copper will do just fine too.

Most any Ace Hardware or auto supply will have an assortment of aluminum or copper washers. It's an 8mm inside diameter. If I have the option, I prefer an aluminum washer, but copper will do just fine too.

Ditto this, and they're about 1/10th the price (the 1000% markup is for the Honda baggie), and you'll actually be able to get one instead of having to order it, wait a week, find out it's the wrong one, etc.

you should be replacing that washer every time you change your oil

I only do that if it is smashed to the point where next time it will have to be cut off the bolt, which now that I've set my torque wrench just a notch or 2 below the spec, hasn't happened lately.

now that I've set my torque wrench just a notch or 2 below the spec, hasn't happened lately.

and you should because the oil on the treads will change the torque. I go to 65" lbs. I'v seen lots of stripped ones on thumpertalk.

Cool thanks guys. I read somewhere that it is a special "crush" washer, but if the Ace Hardware special works for u, I will go that route.

Back in 2004, I bought a handful of aluminum CRF drain bolt washers, I still have that handful of aluminum drain bolt washers.