Sign in to follow this  

Did I get a good deal?

Looks good from here...Maybe?....i'd measure everthing to spec,and toss in some new rings no matter what.

Of all the parts my 01 REALLY needed this year,was the springs.They were sacked out. Even my stock piston was still measuring new with less than a .0005" wear,ya half a thou.!

Hows the valve faces?

I just got it I pulled out the head to look at it looks good. a small scratch on the seal area for the head gasket.

valves look good nice brown intake, not like cupped out old. they are used but not bad. in a few months = I will send it out to http://enginedynamics.com/

once I do some research on what valves and size to go.

thoughts are welcome from the xrr guru's?

I dont think the kibblewhite valve are the same. they make them over sea now, so I hear.

Looks good from here...Maybe?....i'd measure everthing to spec,and toss in some new rings no matter what.

Of all the parts my 01 REALLY needed this year,was the springs.They were sacked out. Even my stock piston was still measuring new with less than a .0005" wear,ya half a thou.!

Hows the valve faces?

Yea, the valves on my 01 are going out of adjustment faster so the time is coming.

I right now I am thinking of making a monster 680cc stage 2 cam and springs. should work good with my flat slid :smashpc:

I would like to make it kill KTM's.

will the 680cc deal make it less reliable? I would think so. B

Yea, the valves on my 01 are going out of adjustment faster so the time is coming.

I right now I am thinking of making a monster 680cc stage 2 cam and springs. should work good with my flat slid :smashpc:

I would like to make it kill KTM's.

will the 680cc deal make it less reliable? I would think so. B

Less reliable?? like a 450? :busted: It would be worth it!👍