Sign in to follow this  

Going to give 450r a try

I've been on a 2 stroke for the last few years. Found a good deal on a 08 450

. I'm excited about riding again. I guess I needed a change.

crf1.jpg

crf2.jpg

crf3.jpg

Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, about how much did you pay for it? I only ask because I just purchased mine for $3300 and I am concerned I may have paid too much. Thanks...

Jake

Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, about how much did you pay for it? I only ask because I just purchased mine for $3300 and I am concerned I may have paid too much. Thanks...

Jake

I think 3300 is fair . I paid 3000

Thanks for the info. I switched from a 2000 YZ125. The power of the 450 feels very different so it's going to take time for me to get comfortable. Does your bike have stock exhaust?

I have the stock exhaust but I'm going to add a PMB end cap for the spark arrest. I'm coming off a ktm300 .

I made the switch earlier this year, too, but came off the older XR350R. In the conditions that my group rides in, having the extra power isn't a necessity, but a luxury. On our woods rides, the full potential of the 450 can't always be utilized, but its nice to have when needed. Also, I was starting to have trouble finding parts for the older bikes. Sure do miss that XR seat!