Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Stop and Air Box Restrictor removal

I have a 2011 Husky TE250 and want to remove the throttle stop and Air Box Restrictor. I am pretty machanically inclinled and think I can remove these myself, I'm just not sure exactly what they are. Does anyone have a photo or instructions to removed these two items?

Thank you.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/throttle-stop-removal-2008-9-and-maybe-other-efi-bikes.2317/

Assuming you have a throttle stop the removal would look like this. The screw may be a special Japanese style Phillips head (JIS cross point) and loc-tited, so be forewarned they can be a little sticky. I'll get back if I find the air box info.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2011-te-250-or-310.20617/#post-180492

Contact posters in this thread and you should get some answers or join and send a private message

Edited by glangston

Throttle Stop:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2009-full-power-kit.2551/

As for the Air Box Restrictor, you just need to take the air filter off and slip out the big black plastic piece then install the piece (that prevents the air filter from collapsing) that should have come with the bike.

There is also a “flash back” screen in there (see photo) that you can retain or remove….I took it out.

On this post there are photos….so scroll down to view.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/living-with-a-2010-husky-te-510.6249/

Make sure you read all the comments on removing the charcoal canister and tubing. The tube that connects to the cylinder needs to have a small bolt,

Use 5X10 .80 threaded bolt red loctite it in

Just found the info and took a look. Both the throttle stop and air restrictor box were already removed from the dealer. Is removing the charcoal canister going to improve the performance? If not, why would I want to remove it?

Thank you.

No need to remove the charcoal canister and no performance gain by doing so. It is there simply to satisfy air quality compliance so the bike could be street legal.

That said……It is extra weight, looks like !@#$ and if you ride off road will most likely get torn off.

Remove it, cap the brass tube on the intake manifold, and install a one-way check valve on your gas cap.

In the big scheme on things, a bit a vapors escaping the gas tank is not going to effect the green-house effect compared to the tons of environmental waste spewed into the atmosphere every day from China’s industry.:ride:

The orange check-valve on my bike cost $12 and you can get them at any Cycle Gear Store.👍

997d9d64.jpg

fa2f7589.jpg

6e65ab15.jpg

Edited by daleCarlsbad

Can anyone tell me if upgrading the Injector and ECU unit on a 2011 Husky TE250 will make a big difference in performance?

Thank you.

Is everyone removing the baffle from the exhaust?

Yes remove the baffle, took mine out and it made a huge difference, obviously it's louder but the increase in power all over the rev range is amazing. If you're racing put a 12 tooth front sprocket on to liven things up even more.

I just ordered the JD Jetting kit, they told me if I don't notice an increase in performance, I can return it. I will keep you updated after I install it.

I just ordered the JD Jetting kit, they told me if I don't notice an increase in performance, I can return it. I will keep you updated after I install it.

I seriously doubt you will be returning it. 👍

I recently purchased a new 2011 Husky TE250. I'm very happy with the performance except right off the line. Around town it's fine, but I was doing some technical trial riding last week and the poor throttle response off the start was a problem. Once the engine is over 4000-5000 rpms in first gear everything is fine. I'm happy with all the other gears. Any suggestions on how to improve the throttle response?

Also, the license plate mount and tail lights is going to probably break off soon from off road use. It appears there is a lot of unnecessary plastic with the stock part, is there some type of conversion kit?

Thank you.

The JD Jetting kit was easy to install, but did not fix the poor throttle response in first gear and actually caused the bike to stall for no reason at idle. I'm going to troubleshoot with them this week.

How many hours or miles do you have on this bike?

You're going to get stalling in the beginning. It's the heat buildup. 600 miles and it's just about gone. You can adjust etc but I never got a smooth running bike till it had the miles and was powered up ... 08 TE250

Were did you order from that they would allow you to return it? I've been on the fence with one of these. I like that you could return it if it's not up to par.

My 11 TE had / has no stalling issued since nearly day 1. Probably day 2 when I installed the race mode plug.

Let us know if you get the bottom end worked out with the JD kit please.

Finally, after weeks of researching with Husky, Cafe Husky, this site, Team Husky, trying the JD Jetting Power Surge etc., the dealer fixed my problem for one hour of labor. The explanation was complicated and made sense (had to do with Husky setting the bikes and shipping them to different altitude locations, and EPA standards), but the answer is simple, the CO2 level as delivered new was way off. It was running at 7.4% (rich), they adjusted it to 3.5% (leaned it out). HUGE difference in performance off the line. If anyone has the same bike and is experiencing this problem, make the adjustment, you won't be disappointed. Next, I will be setting my JD Power Surge back to their recommended performance setting and see what happens. If I would have had the CO2 adjusted first, I would never have looked into purchasing the JD Power Surge. Will update you if I notice improved performance with the new settings. Thank you all for your advice and opinions that led me to this solution. I was almost going to upgrade to a different bike, but now there is no reason to... performs great!