2002 RM125 good bike? Just a few questions.

I have only been looking at yz125's cuz everyone seems to love them, but a trick '02 rm125 popped up and I wonder how the shootouts rated the bike?

I know the Suzuki's have always had a "certain" personality (great steering, a little nervous stability wise) and I assume the 02 is on par with this. I've owned a '98 RM250 and an '06 RMz450F.

So....mainly concerned about the engine and how powerful it is compared to the mighty YZ. If I wasn't 200lbs I wouldn't really care honestly. Power is only a relative thing to me, that is unless you are 200lbs and riding a 125, now it's very important.

Last.....does anyone know what rims are interchangable? This one has TRICK rims/hubs, and I want to strip them off to an RM250 if this 125 doesn't cut it. Just wondering what years I could switch over to. I realize this is a pretty specific hard question :smashpc:.

Edited by panicrev

The rm will preform pretty damned well engine wise compared to a yz. I mean it isn't going to be the same that's for sure. (power characteristics of a yz are unbeatable imo. -silky smooth power band with great over rev), but the rm is very close behind, and maybe even better with porting etc. As for swapping out the wheels. I am sure you will have no problem, so long as the bike you want to put them on is the same year, or at least same years of compatibility.

Overall, I'd just make sure the bike is in good shape all around...Suspension, engine, etc...As long as the bike is in good shape i'm sure you'll be satisfied by it, that is if you were satisfied by the yz 125.

My guess is that the 01-08 wheels/hubs are all the same. This goes for 125 / 250 as well. All interchangeble. Just a huntch..... but maybe just wishful thinking.

I'm not a season'd 125 rider. Mainly just 250 and 450 thumpers. So my thinking is as long as the rm is in the ballpark (actual ponies) then I'll be fine. I realize different brands have different charecter power bands / deliver. I'm just talk sheer output here. Does anyone know? What the original "claimed" horse power was for these bikes when new?