Sign in to follow this  

First bike?Klx?

I am 14,15 in a month,never owned a dirt bike before.I want a pit bike sort of bike.I can buy my friends 2009 klx 110 for $1,100 he only used for like a year and it's in good condition.I will mostly ride trails because of where I live but I will be riding jumps too just primarily trail riding.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I understand that the cost of a bigger bike may not be an option for you, but a 110 seams way to small to me for a fifteen year old. I think jumping the bike at all would be to much for it to handle, unless you weigh like 80lbs. There are lots of add ons for them, but you could spend enough moony doing that to offset the price of a bigger bike. I would probably go with a crf or ttr 230. Or at least a klx/drz/ttr 125.

OK...so your almost 15 and your gonna be jumping a klx110? Sorry dude but that's not going to work:busted:.I recommend you get a crf100 or a Drz ,Klx, or TTR 125.Maybe even a Crf 150 or 150r.i had a Drz125L piped, jetted, and airbox mods / K & N filter. that thing would keep up with a crf150r.The drz and klx are the exact same bikes just different plastics and they are both super reliable and good bikes.The Drz and Klx 125 both have lots of aftermarket parts to make the motocross worthy.But, even those bikes will be a little small for you to ride just right but the Drz and Klx both have some low end grunt to them, especially if you pipe,jet,and K & N air filter it.

Ride On,:smashpc::ride:👍:ride:

Klx 110s have great potential to be pit bikes, but you would have to get stiffer springs and I think you would be looking for a little bit more in the motor department before too long. I think you can get a klx that is already setup for what you looking to do for about the same price as what your friend is asking. A good example is the one i have for sale in the pit bike forum. I am actually about to take the ad down because Im keeping it for a while longer. heres the link so you can see what I'm saying though. https://thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=73558&title=klx-110-pit-bike&cat=4

If I were you, I would look a while longer before making a decision. There always seem to be a few on craigslist already set up.

I have seen full grown adults ripping it up on a klx110, youll be fine to start with, if you get tired of it, just sell it and get a bigger bike.