Sign in to follow this  

Honda Clutch Troubles

Honda 400ex. I know I have a clutch problem. Riding along just fine then no return on the clutch handle. The cable is pulling the lever on engine but the springs are not returning the lever. I've never really had this happen before, but I'm assuming the clutch is toast. What I'm really wondering is what has happened to the parts inside. Are the clutch plates themselves worn out, or broken, or are the springs non-functioning, or both. Anyone?

Honda 400ex. I know I have a clutch problem. Riding along just fine then no return on the clutch handle. The cable is pulling the lever on engine but the springs are not returning the lever. I've never really had this happen before, but I'm assuming the clutch is toast. What I'm really wondering is what has happened to the parts inside. Are the clutch plates themselves worn out, or broken, or are the springs non-functioning, or both. Anyone?

Take the clutch case cover off you may see the problem rigth way there are a number of things it could be clutch pressure plate, bolts, throw out bearing, clutch rod, or clutch lever on case

Thank you for that. Probably going to be a while before I can get to it. A few weeks maybe. Thanks again.

Hey, same thing happened to me today. Riding out in the Pucker Brush and lost the clutch function. I'm gonna replace the entire set-up, any suggestions on what brand to buy and where I can find it for the cheapest price? any little bit helps, thanks

Thing is in tell you look at what failure is frist my suggestions may be useless.

There nothing wrong with stock stuff in most case it just heavy ware that cuases failure like in this picture

IMG_0324.JPG

Like a lot ware goover in Clutch Basket and Inner Clutch Hub that can something cuases Pressure Plate to bind and even break the other common problem is when go let out bad sound or just pull in there a clutch failure.

And for all you Clutch Lever Arm that break

How ever if after better upgrade then take look at

Barnett, Hinson, Magnum, Wiseco There Billet or Forged Outer Clutch Basket and don't for get about Inner Clutch Hub with Pressure Plate.

Barnett, DPK, EBC Friction Clutch Kit which come with Heavy Duty Spring.