Caliper Relocation bracket for stock Sm Rotor

Does anyone make a Caliper relocation bracket to mount the stock SM 300mm rotor to a DRZ400s?

I guess some people are saying the stock sm rotor is 310mm. What is it actually.

Has anyone made a relocation bracket (pictures)?

Edited by toadl

The TT store also can supply the EBC Rotor kit...

I recently just purchased this one for my E...Should be arriving shortly..

https://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR_612786

Are you getting the 280 mm EBC rotor. I would think the EBC rotor is an Ideal size for an off road bike. I worry that the 320 mm rotor might be too big. Lock front wheel up when off road and hit rocks. The Advantage of the stock sm rotor is I can buy one on ebay for 30 to 50 bucks. I think I saw some home made brackets under hooligan mod on this sight or another one. I'm just being lazy.

Got the 320mm coming..I don't think you can have too much front brake..just adapt your application pressure to suit the situation...whether it be on or off road.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. This is how you could do it. Buy the 280mm rotor and then when You decide you need more brake, buy the 320mm rotor.

Please let us know how that rotor works on and off road. Since I'll probably make a change before Summer. I'm going to go over my whole braking system while I'm snowed in.

• 2 weeks later...
SM rotor is 310mm. No one makes a bracket to adapt the S/E forks to a 310mm but 320mm is no problem. So get something like this:

http://www.motostrano.com/ebcsuovdico.html

That is incorrect. You can use a stock SM bracket on an S. I don't know about an E but I ran it on my last S model. Suzuki is the only source for the bracket that I know of.

This is my old 04 S with stock SM wheels and rotors.

3.jpg

That is incorrect. You can use a stock SM bracket on an S. I don't know about an E but I ran it on my last S model. Suzuki is the only source for the bracket that I know of.

I looked up suzuki parts. I have the S model. Is it the sm bracket that cost about $85?

TT Store..EBC 320mm Rotor kit installed....now this bike actually stops...

Thanks for the pics Craigo. The rotor looks so nice compared to the little stock rotor. I bet the rear wheel looses contact with the ground pretty easily.

It looks like both Craigo and buddoggin decided to stay with the stock brake line. Is there a reason why?

I looked up suzuki parts. I have the S model. Is it the sm bracket that cost about $85?

Thanks for the pics Craigo. The rotor looks so nice compared to the little stock rotor. I bet the rear wheel looses contact with the ground pretty easily.

It looks like both Craigo and buddoggin decided to stay with the stock brake line. Is there a reason why?

That sounds right. I no longer have that bike. My current SM has the EBC 320 and a steel line. I recommend that option if you have the cash.

Plus it's real pretty...

1-11.jpg

I can do 2 finger stoppies with stock lines , I am not racing , and the bike's primary role is off road use...

honestly IMO, If you ain't road racing a 320mm rotor with 4 piston calliper/stock lines is ample front brake for an DRZ E...The rims are lighter than SM wheels, so that means less reciprocating mass = better braking efficiency.

• 3 weeks later...

I found this site from Australia that makes a conversion braket for the 310mm rotor.

http://www.motard-wheels.110mb.com/drz400-klx400-caliper-adapter-bracket.htm

Thanks for your help everyone. What I think I am going to do is buy some steel braided brake lines and try them out, because I believe I should change my ten year old brake lines anyway. Later I will buy some EBC brakes.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to bid on this used 280mm EBC rotor and bracket on ebay, starting bid was $25 dollars. I got it for 40. With steel brake lines It should be an improvement, and I fiqure, I can always sell it and get the bigger rotor if I'm not happy. Looks good, hopefully not warped. My one fear is that I didn't know EBC made a 280mm floating rotor. It has "Titax" stamped on it. What do you guys think, is this an EBC rotor?

How can I make the center shinny again? It's steel with, I think, an iodized finish.

Picture274.jpg

• 6 months later...

I've looked for this 310 bracket and can't find it. Did you try it and do you have a part number by chance? thx

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is my old 04 S with stock SM wheels and rotors.

Hmmm... Very confused now.

I have a stock 2003 DR-Z400S (well, KLX400SR, but who's counting). I am trying to do a -SM conversion using a factory -SM Excel wheel with a nice ~$200 Braking 310mm rotor. I ordered the caliper bracket for a 2008 DR-Z400SM (Suzuki part number 59350-29F00 "BRACKET"). This part is almost EXACTLY identical to the bracket on my KLX. It looks like one of the mounting holes might be a very slightly small amount off, but not nearly enough to fit a 310mm rotor.

Do I have the wrong part? The parts fiche shows part number 59350-13E00 as being the bracket for my 2003 -S.

• 1 year later...

Hey errbody! Im brand new to the thumper community, so i figured id start with this thread.

Ok so, i recently purchased a 2004 drz400s, with SM wheels already installed new. My issue lies with the front wheel hub where the brake rotor mounts. All i find with drz400s parts are rotors with 4 bolts to mount, and SM models 6 bolt, i need a new rotor to mount with the factory 's' caliper, that fits the 6 bolt pattern.

My question is, where can i find a 6 bolt the same size as the 4 bolt rotor, or alternatively, and preferably, the oversized rotor SM brake kit from EBC. I know where to find the ebc kit, but the same 4 bolt pattern is the displayed image universally for all applications. So what model should i order it for? Drz400s or drz400sm? Since the SM has a larger caliper stock.