Sign in to follow this  

Coloring rims.

I would like to make my stock rims black with red hubs without the huge bill. So I've heard about guys powder coating and anodizing their rims. So what better?

What are the goods and bads for both?

I would like to make my stock rims black with red hubs without the huge bill. So I've heard about guys powder coating and anodizing their rims. So what better?

What are the goods and bads for both?

just fine for both when done correctly.

Only draw back from my perspective (as a non-racer so the minute weight the coat adds does not factor in for me) is that powdercoated rims do NOT show cracks as well as non-coated rims.

So if you ride hard and a lot of trails - not being able to spot a crack before it goes terminal would be my concern.

my buddy had his stock rims powder coated red, after a while it faded to nearly pink and started chipping off after some hard landings and corrosion from sand etc.. havent heard much about anodizing look it up on google maybe

If your going to do it just get new rims. Your going to have to get them laced up and get new spokes anyway. For all the trouble and $ I would really think about it first. I have done so many projects like this and look back and regret it. If you really want to go for though do it.