Sign in to follow this  

MRD on 08

Just put a full MRD exhaust on my 08 crf450r today guys and let me tell you! WOW!!!! craftsman ship and fit and finish I will give it a 10/10 hands down :smashpc:...it sounds great, looks great, and performs excellent. I couldn't be more happy and anyone who is trying to decide on an exhaust for their bike you will not be disappointed with an MRD:ride:👍

450 with shipping. There's more power everywhere more noticable on the top end..it seems it pulls a lot more and just keeps on pulling..

I'm not gonna hate on mrd but I love my fmf on my 03.

Thats because you havent ridden your bike with an MRD on it. The FMF isnt a bad pipe. Its just not as good as the MRD. Especially when you dump the pricing into the equation and the durability too. Fit and finish is good with the FMF, but it doesnt have the "hand fit" feel of the MRD.

Thats because you havent ridden your bike with an MRD on it. The FMF isnt a bad pipe. Its just not as good as the MRD. Especially when you dump the pricing into the equation and the durability too. Fit and finish is good with the FMF, but it doesnt have the "hand fit" feel of the MRD.

it looks pretty nice _ increase power over all rpm _ sounds awesome

MRD pipes fit perfectly.

The mass produced aftermarket stuff never fits right because their welders are always in a hurry.

i was going to purchase an mrd kit but for the same price i picked up a full titanium fmf factory 4.1 w/ megabomb

i couldn't turn it down.

i do not understand how a guy can say the mass produced pipes are not built correct and they dont fit right. i have a full pro circut TI4 pipe and it fits perfect the quality is every bit as good as an mrd and it outperforms the mrd.as a matter of fact my friend took off his mrd and went ti4 because the ti4 makes better power all around.i did not like the way the mrd looked.i guess to each his own

i do not understand how a guy can say the mass produced pipes are not built correct and they dont fit right. i have a full pro circut TI4 pipe and it fits perfect the quality is every bit as good as an mrd and it outperforms the mrd.as a matter of fact my friend took off his mrd and went ti4 because the ti4 makes better power all around.i did not like the way the mrd looked.i guess to each his own

The mass produced aftermarket pipes get produced very quickly. The people welding them tack weld them in the jig, then pull them out of the jig because they can finish welding them faster that way. This often causes them to warp slightly out of position so you end up fitment problems. Obviously, this isn't a problem with every single pipe that they produce, but a large percentage of their pipes fit poorly because of this.

This info came to me from a tuner that has built the bikes for a big name pro that has finished races in the top 3 at nationals in the last two years. This tuner doesn't make pipes so his info wasn't biased. Just the truth.

i have put pipes on a lot of bikes and jet skis and i never ever had one not fit everyone i ever had or anyone i had ever known to put one on has never had a problem from what i see the pipes are way too expensive for what little they offer but the fit and finish has been top notch but i mostly have dealt with white bros pro circut fmf and coffman for the water craft.if the people making these pipes were not doing excellent work they would not sell any products or not to me they wouldnt.

i have put pipes on a lot of bikes and jet skis and i never ever had one not fit everyone i ever had or anyone i had ever known to put one on has never had a problem from what i see the pipes are way too expensive for what little they offer but the fit and finish has been top notch but i mostly have dealt with white bros pro circut fmf and coffman for the water craft.if the people making these pipes were not doing excellent work they would not sell any products or not to me they wouldnt.

That's odd. My experience is that about 1/2 of the aftermarket pipes I've ever installed have not fit as well as OEM. I've been working on bikes for a long time and I've handled a lot of crappy aftermarket pipes. There was even a time when I got free product from one of the "top 2" aftermarket pipe manufacturers and I was surprised how bad some pipes fit. Some times they fit right, and some times they fit like crap. Even different pipes for the same model bike would vary greatly.

Maybe I'm just more picky than the average Joe, but I did find it interesting that a bike builder for a top 5 Motocross pro said the exact same thing about aftermarket pipe fitment.

That's odd. My experience is that about 1/2 of the aftermarket pipes I've ever installed have not fit as well as OEM. I've been working on bikes for a long time and I've handled a lot of crappy aftermarket pipes. There was even a time when I got free product from one of the "top 2" aftermarket pipe manufacturers and I was surprised how bad some pipes fit. Some times they fit right, and some times they fit like crap. Even different pipes for the same model bike would vary greatly.

Maybe I'm just more picky than the average Joe, but I did find it interesting that a bike builder for a top 5 Motocross pro said the exact same thing about aftermarket pipe fitment.

+1 on this, most aftermarket stuff, other than DRD and MRD, hardly ever fit as well as the stock system, as an engine builder, i have found the most overall power increase with both DRD and MRD pipes, they seem to build them to flow for motor mods with conical and/or stepped tubing all the way through.

they arnt much louder then stock just more bark and deeper sounding i think.. and an MRD shopuld hold up to desert racing no problem they are built very solid and all stainless which I like..