Sign in to follow this  

Pw 50 oil ?s

Recently acquired, no manual yet. Wondering if anyone may have a PDF version?

1) Also its an oil injected 2 stroke. How do I know the oil pump is working?

Where can i check etc?

2)Would it be beneficial to be on the safe side and run premix in the gas tank as well or is that overkill? I read the earlier post about the seizing due to a faulty oil pump...

3) What are you guys running for case oil?

4) Other than the oil in premix tank, the oil in the case, is there any other oil needed for this bike and if so where?

Sorry for the ?'s any help appreciated.

Thanks

Easiest idea is to just use premix (leave the oil pump bottle empty) - DO NOT use premix and the pump at same time.

As for case oil, D3 Transmission fluid.

No other oil needed.

Mark

PS - check pwonly for a source for the manual.

Easiest idea is to just use premix (leave the oil pump bottle empty) - DO NOT use premix and the pump at same time.

As for case oil, D3 Transmission fluid.

No other oil needed.

Mark

PS - check pwonly for a source for the manual.

I have to disagree. leave the oil pump on and working, and just run the yamilube 2s in the tank. people try to mess with a proven working system, and end up usually screwing it up. :smashpc:

to check the pump, pull the exhaust, and then access the cover, make sure its clean and rotates with the throttle pull. take and start the bike (yes with exhaust off) and loosen the bleeder screw, until any air or straight oil comes out. this will prime the pump. then line the notch^ up with the screw to get it dialed in. i would always try to seal the oil pump cover up when i put it on to keep dirt out of there. tape or silicone works well.

stick with yamilube 2s, it works great and takes the guess work out of it.

I think we used the gear saver in our case, but most case oil will work fine in that little bike.

Also have to disagree. Use the pump, it works great and are extremely reliable.

If it's smokin' it's workin. The tank will last quite a while, but you should always top it off any time you have the seat off.

I have an 81 Yamaha MX 100, and the oil pump has never failed. It will always smoke if you don't let it run out of oil.