Sign in to follow this  

crf 100 timing help

Hi i am finishing up putting my 125 kit together but i have a problem, when the guy turned down my flywheel he didnt relocate the timing marks. I have it where i think it belongs and the bike runs but would someone post a pic of the flywheel at tdc so i can see the magnets location to see if it looks like mine.

thanks

Crank Keyway is up (at tdc)

Inline with the long center cylinder bolt to the 0 on the cam gear.

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

nice ill check it out, the bike ran pretty good even with the jetting off so i might have it right

g man i just checked and mine is off, my tdc was when the magnet was just going over the pickup for ignition. This could explain why the bike has no top end power?

Yes-The pickup will be at the tale end of the fly wheel nub at tdc.

Keep in mind the ingnation timing is fixed. Hypothetically, if the cam timing was off one tooth the planets wouldn't Aline- and you would know it lol

Sounds like jeting. What ya runing (I don't remember?) 200X carb/ main jet size?

well i got a 38 pilot with the needle 2nd from bottom and i am waiting for my mains to come in, i ordered 115-128

So- stock carb with a 98 mj? Aftermarket Pipe and stock air box? If so- try a 105-108 mj

oh no 200x carb, gutted airbox, bbr pipe, ported head, turned down flywheel, cam, probably more lol

the 108 was defiantly lean on top.