Sign in to follow this  

Cannot find thread/reply Ice tire set-up

Found a thread or possible reply to a thread a while back and cannot locate it through a search. Someone used Ice screws, sticky compound tire, a long strip of rubber aprox 6 foot by 4" by .5" for thickness. The person lined the inside of the tire with the rubber strip and ran a smaller heavy duty tube. The screws went through the knobs and bite into the rubber strip. (all I can remember)

Anyone knows the link can you post please? Or any other suggestions on setting up a tire for ice would be much appreciated. I know all about the fredette and trellborg tires but would prefer to make my own$$$. I don't race, just free ride.

go to a local harley store and see if they have any old used 21's and cut the sidewall off of it and insert into the front tire, rear you can do the same thing with a rear or front 19 inch tire, make sure the inside of the sidewall is smooth so it doesnt catch on the tube and just use a 4.00x19 rear and a normal front tube, it doesnt take up that much space in there:thumbsup: