Sign in to follow this  

How to remove KX65 clutch retainer plate

I cant get the 14mm bolt off the inner clutch retainer plate? Here's what I've tried. Using a socket wrench... re-attached rear brake and locked up rear wheel so engine wont rotate but bike still moves around when trying to losen the nut. I also inserted my engine lock-up tool from the rekluse clutch install kit into the cylinder through the spark plug hole to lock-up the pistion and engine to prevent engine rotation. Bike still rocks forward when I try to losen the 14mm bolt in question... I dont have an impact air wrench or a fly wheel holder tool. Any suggestions? Who's done a 65 cluth lately? :smashpc:

I haven't done one lately and when I have it wasn't an issue but a buddy just did one and had the same problem. I believe he ended up heating the bolt with a torch.

I just installed a Rekluse into my sons bike and used an electric impact gun. I highly recommend picking one up. They're cheap and just make life so much easier. :smashpc:

I used to struggle with the clutch inner hub nut and the flywheel nut. Now I have an impact gun and I have no problems at all...the nuts come right off. Definetly worth the investment...it not only saves time but reduces the risk you will damage something else trying to get the nut off.