Sign in to follow this  

Most Hare Scramble Worthy Dual Sport

Any suggestions on which one of the new dirt worthy dual sports would be the most capable in a hare scramble. The local hare scrambles are usually pretty tight single track, rocky and rooty.

none are worthy, but if i had to go with one it would be the beta 350

I don't have a local Beta dealer

Husky TE310.

I am kind of leaning towards the TE310. They sure get good reviews.

crf250x/450x

The Honda's aren't legal to plate in Alberta. And are they really any better than a euro dual sport in a hare scramble?

Are you allergic to citrus organge ?

Nope, 450EXC is near the top of the list. That TE310 sure has my interest though.

Nope, 450EXC is near the top of the list. That TE310 sure has my interest though.

The TE310 is overweight and underpowered, also has very weird ergos...

Defiantly the 350/450exc or husaberg 390/450 or betta 350/400/450

The Husaberg 390 is street legal! Interesting.

2012 Tight HS racing DS bikes. Choose your pain!

Beta 350RS $8500

Husky TE310 or TE250 $6000-8200 Dealers have leftovers at great prices

KTM 350EXC-F $9300

Yamaha WR250r needs the most $$ to race but the least $$ to buy. $5500-7000,

Defiantly the 350/450exc or husaberg 390/450 or betta 350/400/450

Seems the TE310 runs with the 350EXC. EXC under powered also?? Ergo's are all personal just like handlebar bends.

You forgot to mention what your experieice level is, weight, likes dislikes, past bikes owned. All things that would infuluence your decision.

I own both a TE-310 and a EXC I can tell you there both great bikes. The Huskys are better deals right now, because you can buy non currents for a smoking deal. But you wont go wrong with either bike.

Not seeing that at all, maybe the early models were but not the new ones.

Not seeing that at all, maybe the early models were but not the new ones.

I rode an 09 250txc with the 310 kit and a rekluse.....

I've never ridden one, but I find it hard to believe that the most recent TE310 is overweight or underpowered since Antoine Meo just won the E2(290-450 4t, 175-250 2t) world championship on one

You forgot to mention what your experieice level is, weight, likes dislikes, past bikes owned. All things that would infuluence your decision.

I own both a TE-310 and a EXC I can tell you there both great bikes. The Huskys are better deals right now, because you can buy non currents for a smoking deal. But you wont go wrong with either bike.

Race MX and hare scrambles in the 30+ Amateur classes on a 06 YZ250. I also have a DR650 that I dual sport on. In a perfect world I would keep my DR for commuting and long distance D/Sing, have a smaller dualsport for hare scrambles and short D/S rides and a dedicated MX bike.

Any suggestions on which one of the new dirt worthy dual sports would be the most capable in a hare scramble. The local hare scrambles are usually pretty tight single track, rocky and rooty.

I would think a bunch of the new european dualsports would be great . I know my 09 525 Beta RS is good because I use it for everything and it works excellent...from tight hardcore singletrack to hare scrambles to going to the store. The bike handles great. It has awesome controllable power everywhere and is just fun to ride. The newer generation Beta is just better than mine so you can't go wrong to me. I would love to get another Beta but I have too many bikes right now. A newer Beta is on target for the future though. The 2012 red Betas just are bad ass!!!

This is the only vid I could find of the newest Betas.

Here's part of the last hare scramble I entered with my street legal Beta. I was one of the few if not only street legal bike racing. It's fun having a horn!!

This is a better vid of an 2011 Beta ..

I just love a quiet bike too..👍

I'm sick as a dog for over a week now...I can't do s*** but I am an internet whore now.. I can't wait to get well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

The Beta's look cool but availability is a big issue here in Alberta. I know there are some Beta trials dealers in British Columbia, 9 hours plus drive.

My only real options are the 11/12 TE310 or the new KTM 350EXC. Too bad the FE390 isn't street legal here.

And everybody has KTM's, if I can find a leftover TE310 i'll be happy.