Sign in to follow this  

DR-Z400 Califoria model vs Everywhere Else

I have a 2004 DRZ400S. For the life of me I can't locate the pilot jet. I lost it, kicked it or the dog ate it(I wouldn't put it pass my dog) while I was cleaning out the carb, but its gone.

I figured I would add a better jet kit since I need to repalce it and maybe make it run a little better plus get it ready for exhaust / air box upgrade. The bike is currently stock.

I was looking at some of the jet kits on line and they say they are not compatable with the california model. Obviously I have access to the the pilot jet and the plug has been removed.

Is there a difference between the California model bike to the point theses kits won't work? or is it some stupid detourent because of California's restrictive smog laws.

Is there a kit any one would recoment over the other?

james dean kit

JDS005 or some thing like that

most complete 25 pilot, 2 needles , good range of mains,

replacement bowl screws

cal. bikes differences... 2.5 gal tank, charcoal cannister

"stupid detourent because of California's restrictive smog laws"--correct

My bike is a cali model. I removed the canister as soon as i got the bike. If you over fill the tank or lay it down it can cause the canister to vapor lock and leave you with a dead bike.

Cool, thats what I pretty much figured. The smog crap was removed long ago. So I don't need to worry about that scenero. Thanks for the quick replies so I can get the parts I needed.