Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a pipe for my 04 yz250 2-smoker

I am looking for an aftermarket pipe for my 04 yz smoker. Got one off ebay and have yet to get it after a month of waiting. I don't really have a preference FMF or Pro Circuit. The ones I see on ebay and beat to crap. Are these pipes so flimsy or are they just beating the pipes to death. I have never dented a pipe.

Thanks for this forum, great site and great help.:smashpc:

Edited by mrjata
spelling

I smash pipes on a regular basis. Sometimes it's not my fault.

I put on a brand new PC pipe and went to the track to the practice track. On my second lap of the day, some guy on a CRF comes out of a corner with too much throttle and slams into me. We both went down, and it tore up my brand new pipe.

The following weekend, I went to Riverdale Raceway for another practice session. Another brand new PC pipe. A good day of riding, then I come over this blind 60 foot double and there's a girl on a street legal XR rolling the landing. It trashed my radiator, and another brand new pipe on my otherwise pristine 2010 YZ.

I've had other pipes last for years with only small rock dings from roost and the front tire.

FMF and PC pipes are tougher than the stock pipes. I believe they use thicker steel.