Sign in to follow this  

best mx bike not for mx?

what mx 450 bike (no 2 strokes thanks) has the funnest engine to ride. i dont like mx but i like the thrill factor of a 450 engine so i read all over the place about a smoooooooooooooooooth power band, i dont want that i want a fun powerband

i want reliability too

my last bike was a 2008 crf450r

I can tell you the 2010/11 yamaha with a few mods is the best offroad machine I've ever threw a leg over and bullet proof too. Theres an aussy enduro rider who feels the same if you can find the youtube video its pretty sweet.

I can tell you the 2010/11 yamaha with a few mods is the best offroad machine I've ever threw a leg over and bullet proof too. Theres an aussy enduro rider who feels the same if you can find the youtube video its pretty sweet.

adam reinman i think

what mx 450 bike (no 2 strokes thanks) has the funnest engine to ride. i dont like mx but i like the thrill factor of a 450 engine so i read all over the place about a smoooooooooooooooooth power band, i dont want that i want a fun powerband

i want reliability too

my last bike was a 2008 crf450r

Reliable, low-maintenance, snappy power - you described a 2-stroke. Why not?

Reliable, low-maintenance, snappy power - you described a 2-stroke. Why not?

Rofl that's what I was thinking!!

Well i kinda see what your saying i grew up on quads so i know between the honda, suzuki, and yamaha 450's the suzuki has the snappiest power. i dont know how similar the dirt bike motors are to the quad motors but i would say look for a suzuki.

Before my KTM 300 I had a KX450. I chose the KX because it has the most low end snap of the 450’s, and suits larger riders better. In my opinion, for off-road riding low end power makes a 450 “fun” as you spend a lot of time transitioning through the power range. That was a fun bike that was hard to beat in sand.

CoKTM

Before my KTM 300 I had a KX450. I chose the KX because it has the most low end snap of the 450’s, and suits larger riders better. In my opinion, for off-road riding low end power makes a 450 “fun” as you spend a lot of time transitioning through the power range. That was a fun bike that was hard to beat in sand.

CoKTM

u have a good point. im not a motocrosser or anywhere near a good mx track rider. i like riding through the bush.i just dont like the way a 2 stroke feels at low speed it has lots of vibrations etc each to their own i suppose.

What you want is the 04 YZF450....

That bike is a 4 speed which limits it’s potential. I would look at an 06 or newer YZ if a blue bike (or white or yellow special edition) is your bike of choice.

CoKTM

I vote for the Kx450 as well. The snap that my '10 has is redonculous. My riding buddy will switch with me from time to time, and he likes the tameness of his 09 Yz450 better.

He is a better overall rider, I outweigh him by close to 50 lbs. When we line up and drag race, it's see ya YZ.

I also wanted to point out that we do a lot of wood, pit, and logging road riding. These things love to be sideways sliding through corners at speed if that's your thing.

I vote for the Kx450 as well. The snap that my '10 has is redonculous. My riding buddy will switch with me from time to time, and he likes the tameness of his 09 Yz450 better.

He is a better overall rider, I outweigh him by close to 50 lbs. When we line up and drag race, it's see ya YZ.

I also wanted to point out that we do a lot of wood, pit, and logging road riding. These things love to be sideways sliding through corners at speed if that's your thing.

the kx450f motor has be praised in almost all shootouts since 09 for having the best engine correct? i would prob buy one

WR450F will be good if your just riding around Cringila, Or why dont you just get another CR450R?

You want a stock 4-stroke with a wicked powerband? Put a stage 3 cam in just about any 450. The Yami 426 was pretty pipey in stock form.