Sign in to follow this  

1990 yz125

Found a 1990 YZ 125 on craigslist for $250, is this a good deal? Was thinking about going and taking a look at it. Anything I should look for? Also what are the know issues for these bikes and is it a reliable bike? This would by a trail/fun bike as I have found out my XR650R is just to big for the trails.

I bought a 05125 kx a couple years back (for cheap)thinking i could use it on the trails,(like you i think the 650R is kinda a handful), HATED it!! I used to ride\race these things when i was a bit younger. What a pain in the arse to get them moving on the trail! Iv'e been spoiled with the big power bikes. However... there was a couple times i had to pick it up over some downed trees ,about 4 feet tall...sweeet.

I love my 125 in the woods... at least when I go in the woods. It can work in the woods if your a decent rider and understand the clutch work involved.

Could be a good buy. Probably at least worth checking it out.

for 250 I think you would be able to fix everything that there is probably wrong with it and still come out ahead. if it runs and runs good at that, I would say go for it

pretty well the same situation i have, I traded for a 1994 yz125, starts first kick almost every time, theres a few times when I think I flooded it :smashpc: