Sign in to follow this  

results are in......can u help me understand it?

the results are in........finally.....

postoperative diagnosis:

anterior synovectomy, ressection of plica, and debridement of patellofemoral joint

operative notes:

after receiving local anesthetic in the areas of the incision and sedation,the usual scope ports were created. the suprapatellar pouch appeared to be normal. the medial and lateral gutters appeared to be normal. the medial joint had a stable-appearing meniscus with no chondral changes. there is a large ligamentum mucosum, and this appeared to impinge with extension.this was excised with a shaver. laterally, the structures appeared to be in pretty good shape, apart from some slight softening of the cartilage. looking into the patelofemoral joint, there was a lose flap on the apex of the patella, which was removed with a shaver.medially and laterally the facets appeared to track well. there was quite a large medial plica which was ressected with a shaver.

i just got home from the GP and had to ask for some inflammartory pills, something in there is still swelling up...i work from 4-10 by 7pm i just want to cry i am forced to take baby steps from swelling in there...i work at a very busy store and i am up and down the ailses to cash all night...i had the surgery sept 12....and still feel something is becoming very inflammed in there...can you shine some light on this for me of why its still doing that....and what this report means...if things don't improve i am going to be forced to have my work hours lower and i can't afford that....my GP prescibed 375mg of naproxen to take for the next 2 weeks til i see the surgeon on the 19th for a follow up app...i am a healthy 46 female that does not wear heels

thanks...

something doesn't sound right. are you icing as often as you can? I think at the very least you need some stronger anti's. but I'm no doctor and don't even play one on tv.