Sign in to follow this  

The Drop Off

Ya big drops offs scare the crap outta me, seeing that does not help...

"Without going eeeeeahhh and and and... and dying...":lol:

I've always liked dropoffs. I've never tried one that big, but I've never had problems with them. Even around the ranch when I ride, if there's a little rock step or steep short hill or something I like to lift the front a little and drop down it rather than just rolling down it. It just seems more fun to me... Maybe I'm just weird?:smashpc:

short summary...

1. hit the gas

2. aim for a drop off (preferably a cliff)

3. go off the edge

4. hope like hell you land ok once you reach the bottom

It's like 4 feet... Post videos of something big. I do drops like that on my electric scooter.

It's like 4 feet... Post videos of something big. I do drops like that on my electric scooter.

It's just an instructional video to help people get better. It's not suppose to be about who is the best at it.

How's this one for ya?

I'm going to go back to being terrified by the weight of my bike like all the other "normal" people...

How's this one for ya?

I'm going to go back to being terrified by the weight of my bike like all the other "normal" people...

Now that is something to be scared of!

Sorry there is so much tenderness on this site. I was not bagging on the video but to the people who thought it was huge. Another thing, If you have to learn to ride by videos you should find another sport. You can't learn a god given skill by watching a TV.

I know, I am an A-Hole, it's OK you can tell me.

Sorry there is so much tenderness on this site. I was not bagging on the video but to the people who thought it was huge. Another thing, If you have to learn to ride by videos you should find another sport. You can't learn a god given skill by watching a TV.

haha you right. but one thing is for sure. those drops are a lot bigger once you've hit the ground. Its surprising how hard you hit. Here, this was in my last edit:

I know it's bad, but I was thinking a similar thing the other day, all of this stuff comes with seat time. I'm no expert or anything, just ride for fun. But instructional video's.......go ride...

I know it's bad, but I was thinking a similar thing the other day, all of this stuff comes with seat time. I'm no expert or anything, just ride for fun. But instructional video's.......go ride...

Me too, 34 years worth and never touched a instructional video. Never will and will make fun of them and the guys who buy them till the day I die.

I'd like to see that! 👍

Me too, 34 years worth and never touched a instructional video. Never will and will make fun of them and the guys who buy them till the day I die.

Thats ignorance.... just like michael jackson said it

Thats ignorance.... just like michael jackson said it

Sorry, you must have learned to ride by video. Just trying to stir the pot and get people to post good video and poke fun of the instructional network. Thanks to guys like you they can make a living.

Love the link you gave. good video!

Sorry, you must have learned to ride by video. Just trying to stir the pot and get people to post good video and poke fun of the instructional network. Thanks to guys like you they can make a living.

Love the link you gave. good video!

I will admit the original video posted is not very spectacular but I would think you should realize that learning proper technique from videos does make you a better rider. You have no idea what is wrong with your riding style and instead of learning from professionals your going to keep on making the same mistakes again and again. Riding the bike is the best practice possible but watching videos of pro's ride also teaches you something. And it is much better then anything else on tv

Some people (like me), don't have anyone to learn from. They go out and buy a used 250F and a new helmet and take on the wild outdoors. All I had to teach me was this site, Youtube, and my bike to teach me. 7 months later I'm doing things I never would have dreamed of when I hopped on this thing the first time... Heck, my first big milestone was getting up to the top of 3rd on a straightaway thinking "how could anyone ever take one of these things up to full speed???":smirk:

I'll agree that seat time is the best teacher. And sure, videos like this one "Just hold on tight, give it gas, and drive off the cliff" might not teach you much other than it's possible, but videos have been very helpful for me. ESPECIALLY for learning trials!

• Like 1

I will admit the original video posted is not very spectacular but I would think you should realize that learning proper technique from videos does make you a better rider. You have no idea what is wrong with your riding style and instead of learning from professionals your going to keep on making the same mistakes again and again. Riding the bike is the best practice possible but watching videos of pro's ride also teaches you something. And it is much better then anything else on tv

I love you guys! Ride on and lets all enjoy life!

And if you've never done something before? Just go out and wing it? great advice.

I'd rather come into something i've never done, Having a little bit of general knowledge and direction on how to perform something i've never done.

It's no different than riding with fast guys and asking them questions, why don't you just learn yourself? Maybe because they've done it and can help you?

You must be one of those really fast guys who was born knowing everything