Sign in to follow this  

07 Honda CR125(new) vs 11 Husky CR150

Hello TT long time Lurker first time post.

I'm not sure what to choose. I'm 35yrs 170lbs intermediate rider, I don't plan on racing and this will be my first 2t in 15 years.

I'm on the fence about the best way to proceed. Thye dealership I deal with has a New 07 Honda cr125 for $5800+tax. I'm also interested In there 11 Husqvarna CR, but it seems he can't get one, so 2012 might have to do. The price is only different by $500.

I'm concerned about two things, the resale on a 07 Honda purchased in 2011/12. I will keep the bill of sale but it just makes the bike sound old. The next thing is parts availability, For a Honda I can walk into any Royal distributing and get parts that day and cheaper. I do have a Husky dealership close to me.

If I can get a 11 CR150 then I'm happy with the stock look, but I'm not happy about the wheel color change for 12.

The same goes for the 07 Honda CR, I love the Honda aluminium frame but the silver wheels, I will want to change.

I'M looking to get some opinions, I know he has a 11 WR150 in stock that I can get street legal, but then there is the yearly sticker renewal, and $300 more for insurance.

I'm not in the trails much , we are mostly riding mx. My gut tells me if I can get an 11CR150 do it but if I can only get the 2012 150, I should get the 07 Honda CR.

You'd take a HUGE loss on the Honda with re-sale. In my opinion the new Husky is much more updated and a better value, for 500 more you really can't go wrong.

I have a '11 CR150... bike is awesome and you would be very happy... my local dealer still has a '11 CR150 sitting there... he has dealt with a couple of Canadian customers... I don't like the '12 colours as much... The WR is ok, but not nearly as fast as the CR... unless you are collecting the Honda, I would get the Husky for a rider...

I have a '11 CR150... bike is awesome and you would be very happy... my local dealer still has a '11 CR150 sitting there... he has dealt with a couple of Canadian customers... I don't like the '12 colours as much... The WR is ok, but not nearly as fast as the CR... unless you are collecting the Honda, I would get the Husky for a rider...

I have ridden a 2011 wr 150, it's a amazing bike. But, it does have a weird bog in it. I laughed when I read tests, when I tried it I could understand though. Dwight Rudder has a 150, seems to love it. The Honda wasn't a great 125 either. My vote is for the 150

Thanks for the Input.

Lets hope he can find an 11cr150.

Lets say I keep the 07 for two years and sold it 2013 it would be only use for two years but would be considered 7 years old. Ouch.

Now lets say I sell the 11 in two years as well, how much more would it be worth? I'm hearing Husqvarna's are harder to sell due to lack of product knowledge from the average consumer.

If I get the Honda I know I want to change the stock look, the husky on the other hand I would be happy with it stock look. Less money in after market parts.

So I guess I should just hope he can find me an 11.

I'm sure manufactures can get both type of wheels, it boggles my mind why this can't be a custom order from the factory, to get black wheels.

Thanks again.

You should also be looking down in the states. There are some great deals on bikes south of the border. Yes, your going to have a harder time sellin the husky but it will still be worth 4k or more. The Honda might be worth 2k at most. That's canadian prices too.

I have ridden a 2011 wr 150, it's a amazing bike. But, it does have a weird bog in it. I laughed when I read tests, when I tried it I could understand though. Dwight Rudder has a 150, seems to love it. The Honda wasn't a great 125 either. My vote is for the 150

Yep, Dwight loves his 150... lots of carb testing, etc went into his bike... the 150's in general are very durable and nothing looks better IMO. I wouldn't even bother with the Honda... good bike, but too much initially, then you lose big time as soon as it rolls out of the showroom. Neither bike is an investment... Husky is getting more and more popular and besides, wouldn't you rather ride something that isn't dime a dozen? Parts are easily available and the aftermarket is growing all the time.

The '12s do come with a "free" complete 144 top end... my local dealer has one still like I said and it may be cheap enough for you to justify the taxes, duties, etc... good luck either way.

Here is another question.

2011 WR 250 vs 2011 CR 150

The WR will be $500 more. But what will I like better on a mx track with the occasional trail ride here and there.

I'm coming off a CRF250X.

The WR 250 I can grow my skills.

CR150 over either! I have a 08 CR144 and it's an extreamly good bike and they got better with the new frames in 09. The WR250 from what I've read is bulletproof but a little dated now and better suited for the woods. If you want light weight MX fun stay with the 150.